Job Title: Senior Technical Officer
Location: Hyndburn, Lancashire
Salary: £29,909 to £32,233 per annum + Essential Car User allowance
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37h per week)
Closing Date: Friday 5th October 2018
This Council is a great place to work. Over recent years they've established an impressive reputation as an Organization with a strong sense of direction and an enviable record for improving services and getting things done. There's now an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Officer join their team.
Purpose of the Role:
- To provide technical advice and a complete project management service for a variety of planned and responsive building and construction schemes and regeneration projects delivered by the Council that are housing and non-housing
- To provide current Health & Safety advice ensuring the Council is complying with its statutory legal obligations with reference to projects, repairs, maintenance disabled facilities etc. including ensuring compliance with mechanical electrical and water installations
- Provide technical advice and complete project management service for a variety of building and construction schemes led by the Council that is both housing and non-housing projects, including planned/cyclical works, facilities management, building maintenance, disabled facilities grants, refurbishment schemes, special projects, new build etc. including mechanical, electrical and water installations where applicable
- Ensure the Council operates its public buildings as energy efficiently as possible and has the necessary certification displayed to comply with current regulations
- To work with building managers and assist the Council to comply with current regulations in particular but not exclusively in the completion of Fire Risk Assessments to Council buildings and produce a schedule of repairs to ensure the building's fabric and service installations comply with the Fire Safety Reform and Regulations
- For building and construction projects, to undertake surveys, specifications and design, preparation, estimates, procure and supervise works in line with Council policy, regularly inspect works, carry out all Health and Safety matters and to undertake the preparation of contract documents for tender or quotation purposes
- Procure works in accordance with the Council's Procurement Procedure
- Procure by agreement with the line manager any specialist services and supplies that are identified as being required to fulfil the duties of the post and legal obligations of the Council
- To ensure that all mechanical, electrical and water installations to Council buildings are maintained in accordance with all current legislation, regulations and byelaws
- Liaise with Building Inspectors to ensure current regulations are met on all Council led schemes, projects maintenance programmes
- To assist in the co-ordination of contract activities within the section, including providing programme and financial updates or projects, update on individual and team targets to the line manager
- Participate and attend as the Council's representative all meetings, site visits, interviews as requested by the line manager and Head of Service
- To undertake further training/development as appropriate to meet the needs of the Council and customers
- Assess own performance against service/business/work plans and targets
- To deal with colleagues openly and fairly at all times and support mutual respect within teams
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a flexible, "can do attitude" and have experience of managing a variety of building projects including negotiating with contractors and residents, managing budgets, providing technical and design work to both internal & external customers, housing, offices and commercial buildings and managing workloads to meet tight timescales.
In addition you will need a current driving licence and the use of a car.
- Degree/HND equivalent qualification in building maintenance, building or surveying or minimum 10 years' experience
- Membership of a professional/technical organisation related to building maintenance, building or surveying
- Experience of construction project management
- Experience of working with and drawing up plans and specifications
- Experience of procurement and compliance with CDM
- Comprehensive knowledge of refurbishment techniques and methods
- Ability to identify, diagnose and resolve building fabric and services installations defects
- A comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety and current CDM Regulations
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD
- Ability to work as part of a team, to be flexible and a proactive member of that team
- Flexible working
- Local Government Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Purchase leave
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS to complete the attached application form.
Candidates with experience of: Building Control Officer, Building Control Team Leader, Building Inspector, Surveyor Team Leader, Building Services Manager, Senior Technical Manager, Technical Team Leader and Construction Surveyor will also be considered for this role.
- Building Services Manager
- Senior Technical Manager
- Building Inspector
- Building Control Officer
- Surveyor Team Leader
- Building Control Team Leader
- Technical Team Leader and Construction Surveyor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'