My client is a world leading charity that promotes sustainable development, strives for social justice and pursues a vision of a world without poverty. They are currently seeking a SUN expert accountant to work with IT and external suppliers, taking responsibility for administering access to and maintenance of the financial systems and software.
- User access controls to all financial systems are maintained in line with agreed procedures
- Accounting software and reporting tools are maintained and updated to ensure they are up to date and fully supported by our external suppliers
- Act as systems administrator for the range of electronic banking systems in use, including setting up new signatories and liaising with the bank
- The set up and chart of accounts in SUN is maintained, ensuring consistency with other systems such as Adaptive, PROMISE and ASCENT
- Accounting periods are opened and closed effectively every month, systems rules maintained and data imports/exports happen as planned
- The workflows and set up in Proactis are maintained in line with policies and procedures.
- As the team’s sharepoint superuser, the team’s intranet sites are kept up-to-date with relevant reports, templates and other information
- Users are well trained and supported in their use of financial systems
The successful candidate will have worked in accounting and have extensive technical knowledge and experience of Sun, QA and Proactis in a complex organisation. They will also have excellent interpersonal skills, be a strong project manager and passionate about international development.