Senior Systems Engineer - Permanent - Staines
(Infrastructure and Service Operations)
If this is not what you are looking for then add me on LinkedIn for more positions
Add me on LinkedIn for more positions
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000
My client is a leader in dynamic targeted advertising software. They are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to work in their head office based in Staines.
The Role is accountable for system and application infrastructure management used for company’s SaaS platform and internal applications.
In addition, support incident and problem management to constantly improve service quality and stability as well as improvements of system management practices.
The Role will require close co-operation with the Solution Architecture, Development, Support, Commercial teams as well as cooperation within the Systems team to ensure the stability and further improvements of company’s services.
- At least 5 years experience in working with Linux (CentOS/RHEL)
- Good working knowledge of shell scripting or other scripting languages such as PERL, Python, PHP
- Currently active competence in IP, HTTP, and DNS.
- Experience with working systems with high availability
- Experience with working with large scale web applications
- An enthusiasm for investigating new technologies
- An ability to express concepts clearly and concisely by email or verbally
- Experience in working successfully in a small team and demonstrating some leadership qualities
- We value core engineering skills and willingness to learn over specific domain knowledge.
Key accountabilities / Decision ownership:
- Accountable for company’s application infrastructure
- Accountable to manage company’s infrastructure providers
- Infrastructure incident and problems are handled according to priority and severity.
- Proactive collaboration with other teams
- Provide consultancy to customers in case needed
- Upgrade, Patch and Fix deployment into the company’s environments in case required due to stability or security reasons
- Ensure system stability and security
- Infrastructure capacity management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"