SENIOR SUPPORT WORKER - Bright Care, St Mary’s Bay - £9.70 p/h
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Support Worker to join our friendly Bright care team based at our service in St Mary’s Bay in Kent.
Bright Care is a care home which provides care and support for up to 5 people with learning disabilities. This service is located in a detached house in a quiet residential area of St. Mary's Bay.
Accommodation is arranged over the ground floor and each person had their own bedroom. The home benefits from an enclosed back garden with wheelchair ramp. Also has good public transport.
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve.
You will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potentially sleep ins.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To supervise and lead a team of support workers to enable our service users to lead as fulfilling and satisfying a life as they possibly can.
- To act as a role model for staff, so that they are encouraged to understand the people you are support.
- To be actively engaged with service users and staff, continuously seeking opportunities for improvements to service users lifestyles and staffs skills and commitment to achieve this.
- To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment.
- To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality.
- To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required.
- To work as part of a team to provide high quality care.
The Successful Candidate for the role will have:
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care, or equivalent, is essential.
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
- The ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Confidence to work alone and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The passion to work with vulnerable Adults.
- The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
- We offer Permanent contracts
- Part Time contracts 16hrs, 22.5hrs or 30hrs or become a Bank Worker on a 0hr contract
- We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
- We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care
- Career progression path within the company
- Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
- We offer Apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to join the Care Sector
- Various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle
- DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us
Caretech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services.
CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents. To enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
- Learning Disabilities
- Residential Care
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'