An opportunity to further your career within a market leading company that houses the most interesting engineering projects in the country and world. This employer offers great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in Bedfordshire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Head of Stress and Rigid Structures, and the Technical Director with delivery of the following key tasks:
- Supporting the Head of Stress and Rigid Structures and the Technical Director, on matters relating to design and stressing at Management level, and in discussions with suppliers, partners and customers, as required by the Company.
- Acting as task manager for specific projects as defined by the Head of Structures and Stress, or the Technical Director.
- Conducting stress calculations and stress analyses and preparing stress reports to support the design of the aircraft.
- Providing stress information, safety factors, margins of safety, supporting design and material selection decisions and providing other related information to various areas of the business, ensuring that the technical content, quality, compliance and safety aspects are produced and documented in accordance with legislative standards and guidelines.
- Using, or accessing the CAD system, where necessary to derive necessary information in support of stressing calculations, ensuring. Maintaining design standards, CAD vault data integrity.
- Providing support to other technical areas of the Company, including Production, Quality Assurance and Safety/Airworthiness as and when required.
- As a Flight Test Engineer, carrying out ground and flight testing activities, and supporting post-test analysis and reporting activities, as required by the Company.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your own skills and capabilities.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with your up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to steven(dot)mitchell(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk