The Kitchen Team is led by Head Chef, Gareth Saddler. The friendly brigade is structured to deliver creative dishes for our 2 superb restaurants and events operation as well as deliver the working hours chefs deserve.
Our large team serves up to 800 covers a day, delivering interesting and refined menus across 2 distinct restaurants.
The role of Senior Sous Chef is to deliver and supervise the day to day running of the kitchens, inspire the whole team to deliver on a consistent basis whilst ensuring the kitchen is a safe and clean working environment.
Key responsibilities include:
• Food is prepared and cooked to agreed standards
• An active role in the daily menu composition and development
• An active role in daily purchasing
• Engage with food suppliers and producers to ensure accurate knowledge
• Positive financial performance of the kitchen
Applicants will need to have a minimum of 1 year as a Sous Chef in a quality hotel or restaurant and be experienced in all areas of food preparation with a passion for local seasonal produce.
You must be able to make decisions in pressured situations and be capable of consistently delivering a quality product so organising, planning and prioritising skills are fundamental for this role.
As part of the kitchen management team, you must be able to teach and motivate, offer feedback and coach so previous experience of supervising a team is essential.
As a minimum, you will need to have an intermediate food hygiene certificate and basic level health and safety.
Characteristics that fit well in our brigade are being cheerful, self-aware, reliable, articulate and caring.
As the Senior Sous Chef role is within the hotel management team, you will be on the Duty Management rota, for which training will be given.
- £29,000 per year
- Permanent contract for 40 hours per week
- 28 days holiday per year
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free/minimal charge to use swimming pool, tennis court and gym
- Chef whites laundered
- Contribution towards safety shoes
- Free experience of our restaurant and rooms
- Cash back health cover scheme
- Company sick pay
After 1 year of service:
- Able to apply for a grant towards non-work-related personal development
- One additional day annual leave
- Up to 3% matched company contribution to the pension scheme
- Additional manager perks include extra holiday for each year of service (up to 5 extra days)
Wish you were here? Please use the "apply" link to submit your CV and answer the qualifying questions. You will need to confirm that you are eligible to live and work in the U.K.
Direct applications only - no agencies
Closing Date: Sunday 22 April 2018
Shortlisted candidates will need to attend a Selection Day on Friday 11 May 2018
Start Date: available immediately
We have a culture of caring, acting with conscience and having fun. All applicants should have an awareness of, or be open minded to embracing, the principles of sustainability and wellbeing both personally and professionally.
- Food Preparation
- sous chef