Senior Solution Architect - Supply Chain
Are you passionate about finding a career defining opportunity where technology is enabling incredible business outcomes?
At Sainsbury’s we’re investing in digital innovation to build a centre of excellence using industry leading frameworks and methodologies to produce world class applications and services.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Senior Solution Architect to shape and lead our thinking at a genuinely exciting moment for our technology division.
We’re changing how we deliver technology in an evolving retail market. Do you want to know more about our agile ways of working? Read more at www.dtoperatingframework.com
If you love to collaborate with others and make things happen, then we’d love to hear from you!
What I need to do
• Be a thought leader on Cloud-first Architecture, develop and own the Architecture of Sainsbury’s Supply Chain Planning and Execution
• Support our awesome engineers to design services our customers and colleagues love and deliver our Digital & Technology strategy
• Immerse yourself in understanding the existing technology estate and lead our thinking, by crafting an evolutionary architecture, acting as the bridge to our Enterprise Architecture vision.Help deliver your Product by producing high quality, practical, flexible designs and knowledge artefacts that are aligned to the Architecture principles, patterns and standards within Sainsbury’s
• Collaborate closely with Product Owners to size up the infrastructure and ensure solutions are fit for the overall business requirements and user stories.ork in an agile way to deliver outcomes & sprints goals on your roadmap
• Build your network, becoming the recognised expert on application, technology, data, cloud infrastructure and integration with overall accountability for architecting your Products well.hare your experiences to support, mentor and/or coach Junior Architects (and it works both ways too!)
• Have fun and love what you do!
How I will succeed
• By being passionate about what I do, engaging with internal stakeholder customers and industry expertise to mature my architectural vision
• By collaborating with the Sainsbury’s Group architecture community to innovate, re-use and improve the components and services which deliver business value, whilst avoiding technical debt, unless there is a proven tactical advantage
• By showing a passion for learning and developing your skills and expertise
What I need to know
• Relevant experience matters most! A BA/BSc degree is always respected, but in today’s world we also recognise skills and experiences can be formed in other ways too
• Are you primarily skilled in cloud technology solutions but also aware of and comfortable working with traditional legacy architecture? Have you implemented or worked on Cloud Based Solutions? Are you comfortable with Microservices Architecture, APIs, Event driven architecture, Cloud architecture components (AWS, Azure, GCP), serverless architecture, etc.?
• Do you have an understanding of Agile delivery and a passion for agile working?
• Do you have an architectural track record you are proud of, with experience of designing complex solutions?
• An appreciation of Agile ways of working and the mindset and culture which enables teams to deliver real business value
• Appreciation of IT Architecture (and underlying frameworks such as TOGAF) including the development (and ensuring adherence to) Architecture principles and standards elivered change initiatives with multi-disciplinary teams? Do you have end-to-end product management experience, from concept to delivery?
• We love receiving applications from candidates who have retail, supply chain and/or supplier management experience, but if you think you have some awesome transferable skills from different industries, we like to embrace the difference!
What I need to show
• We are Sainsbury's... and we’d love you to show the same passion we exhibit every day for the role of technology in delivering an extraordinary user experience and business value
• We are looking for motivated individuals who influence because of their experience and credibility, not by 'turning the volume up'! Good communication skills with people at all levels is important, including simplifying complex technical messages for non-technical colleagues
• Our colleagues are committed to delivering change and solving complex challenges quickly, with support of course!
• Ownership of a portfolio of work and draw together technical similarities and opportunity for standardisation
• We value an eye for business, great organisation and prioritisation skills and we favour an analytical and logical approach to problem solving, including demonstrable aptitude for effective conceptualisation, pattern recognition, and design skills
• The ability to assess rapidly changing technologies and apply them to business needs, remaining unbiased to specific technologies or vendors, providing an objective and fact-based viewpoint
Resources available to me
• We want you to succeed! So, we will work with you to provide access to all the skills required to architect your product
• Your colleagues will include engineers, product owners, delivery managers and more. Teams will be set up to deliver awesome technology in agile ways. You will also have access to other key skills (information security, cloud competency, subject matter experts - to name a few). We also work with third party technology partners to complement teams when required
• We like to be adaptive to individual needs. If you want support in one area more than others, we like to tailor your coaching, mentoring and/or support to help you succeed and be happy and productive at Sainsbury
• We believe in teams working together to deliver at pace, but in today’s world we all have flexible needs. If you have any adjustments required to help you work well and deliver awesome results, just let us know - we’d be happy to discuss!
- Solution Architecture
- Technology Solutions
- Enterprise Architecture
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'