Senior Sea & Air Freight Operator
Senior Sea & Air Operator
Full Time / Permanent / 08.30 - 17.30 Mon-Fri
Salary between £32K - £38k negotiable depending on experience
Company Pension scheme
Company Benefits (Health Cash Plan, Wellbeing Pot/Bonus, Access to Employee Assistance Programme offering 24/7 support across a wide range of areas, team building events and much more!)
Member of Employee Ownership Trust (EOT) - Annual Bonus (Tax-Free) for Employees
Training & Development Opportunities
Hybrid contract upon successful completion of 6-month probation - 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home.
Based in Burntwood (WS7)
Espace Europe Ltd are a highly successful a Freight Forwarding company and is the only 100% Employee-Owned freight forwarding company in the U.K. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a driven and exciting team whilst developing our growing Sea & Air freight offering. Experience in Sea & Air European Road Freight Operations is essential. You would be joining an established, knowledgeable team, as well as bringing your own ideas into the team, in order to increase capability and drive opportunities.
We are offering a great opportunity to gain experience within a modern, forward-thinking business. Hence, we would like an upbeat, motivated, tenacious character looking for a career in freight.
A bit of background on Espace Europe Ltd… ... we are not a vehicle filler, but a vehicle finder! We act as a 'middleman’ between customers and suppliers, providing top-level customer service. We specialise in general forwarding by road to within the UK, and all over Europe. Worldwide destinations by air and sea. In addition to this, we offer a UK customs brokerage service.
To provide operational assistance to our Head of Sea & Air Freight Operations, allowing further development of Espace’s Sea & Air freight offering with existing and new customers. As the Senior Operator, act as a point of escalation and impart knowledge/experience to the rest of the team.
Responsible for the delivery of operational activities, in accordance with targets set, to contribute to achievement of the company vision and overall business objectives, reaching targets/KPIs set year on year. Consistently perform to high quality standards.
Overall Responsibility and targets
Your main responsibility will be the completion of important daily operation tasks predominantly for Sea & Air freight.
- Organising the safe, efficient and cost-effective transportation of goods for Air and Sea imports and exports including courier imports/exports.
- Handling worldwide Air and Ocean import/export services on a start/finish basis
- Handling import/export quotations for Air, Ocean and Courier
- Handle and understand OBC and Charter Shipments
- Maintaining and establishing good client relationships
- Liaising with customers, overseas agents and shipping lines and airlines/Air wholesalers
- Import/Export documentation - creation and management of all import/export documents
- Taking bookings
- Keeping customers advised and updated at all stages of the import/export process
- Invoicing and administration of shipment files
- Rate negotiations with providers
- Support the Sea and Air Freight Manager on higher value tasks
- Helping to create a Sea & Air Supplier section for our E-bible
- Help to source new contacts and form new partnerships.
- Assist in marketing activity to promote the service by email, mailshot, calls
- Air and Ocean import/export experience gained within a freight forwarding environment (min 5 years)
- Excellent knowledge of Air Freight and Ocean Freight Import/Export procedures and documentation
- Ability to identify hazardous goods by Air and Ocean
- Ability to work with extensive overseas network
- A clear and confident communicator with strong customer service skills
- An in-depth knowledge of shipping company/line destinations/Airlines/Destinations
- Be fully conversant with all associated documentation and the various costs
- Ability to train / mentor others on handling seafreight and airfreight and imparting relevant information / knowledge
- The ability to attract work easily
- Ability to set up procedures
- Ability to nurture customer relationships, identify upsell opportunities and work to develop.
- In-depth Incoterms knowledge
- Experience in handling DAP/DDP shipments and handling ex-works using agent network
Working for an Employee-Owned business requires its co-owners to be team players and think and act like owners. Taking ownership and accountability is key. Effective communication and organisational skills will be needed as will an ability to prioritise and manage high workloads at times.
Our Company values are PURE: Professionalism, Unity, Respectfulness and Enthusiasm.
If you feel you have what it takes to fulfil this role, please apply through this advert with your CV and a covering letter stating why you think we should invite you for an interview. Please also state your current salary and/or salary expectations.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 8TH JANUARY 2023
(APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AS THEY COME IN)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
- Air Freight
- Freight Forwarding
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'