We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
The Operational Risk & Governance team is responsible for the operational risk oversight of M&G, seeking to ensure that the company manages risks in accordance with the expectations of its clients, shareholder and regulators. The team works closely with business management and Prudential GHO Risk. Part of this team is the Operational Risk Oversight & Advisory team.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Risk Analyst to support the Head of the Operational Risk Oversight & Advisory team to ensure that the operational risk framework, risk policies and standards are embedded and maintained effectively and consistently across the within the M&G Group. This role has a focus on understanding the level of change or ‘transformation risk’ across the M&G Group.
Reporting to the Head of Oversight & Advisory you will be responsible for:
- Representing the Operational Risk & Governance team on key M&G Projects and change initiatives, including, but not limited to;
- Systems implementation
- Regulation e.g. Senior Managers Regime
- New product development
- New overseas offices
As part of the above, offer advice and challenge regarding both project risk and the operational risk profile of the business, post-implementation.
Developing and maintaining positive relationships with the business to ensure that the operational risk framework is embedded and further developed regarding project management and change initiatives
Input into the development of the Group Transformation Risk Framework
Create reports for senior management committees regarding the status of M&G’s transformation risk
Supporting the members of the Operational Risk & Advisory team in their activities, most notably the delivery and challenge of the M&G Operational Risk Framework
Support the delivery of the team strategy, ensuring that this remains aligned with the strategy of the Operational Risk & Governance team and the wider M&G Group.
Maintaining an awareness of industry trends and best practise regarding operational risk.
Maintaining an awareness of regulatory and industry developments that may affect the risk profile of the M&G Group.
Attending relevant business meetings (boards, committees, groups, forums).
Ensuring issues are reported to senior management in a timely manner.
What we are looking for...
- Previous experience in managing an operational risk framework from a first or second line of defence perspective.
- Working knowledge of the FCA, their current areas of focus, and specifically their views on best practice and conduct.
- Pragmatic in both analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong planning, organising and delivery skills.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to build effective relationships.
- Experience in assisting with managing change
- Willingness to develop and learn
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. IRM Diploma in Risk Mgt, ACA, CIMA, ACCA, IIA).
- Appreciation of corporate governance requirements.
- Experience of working in Financial Services, preferably an Asset Management business.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.