Senior Residential Childcare Worker- Spondon
Dove Resourcing is currently working in partnership with a specialist residential childcare provider, to source a qualified Senior Residential Childcare Worker, to join their EBD service in Spondon.
The organisation favour smaller homes and emphasise a thorough matching process, to ensure each young person receives tailored and intensive support in line with their care plan.
All of the homes in the region are rated 'good’ to 'outstanding’.
You would be expected to;
- Encourage independence and success on an educational level
- Be a positive role model to children and young people
- Ensure a caring environment is maintained
- Have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness and homeliness are maintained.
- Ability to work as a team and use your own initiative
- Support and encourage young people’s independence by assisting with their independent living skills
- Escort and supervise young people during social outings and trips from the placement
- Offer support to other members of staff and lead shifts as and when required.
- Keep updated daily records and ensure sound understanding of each individuals care plan.
- Have an understanding of child development and the impact of abuse
It is essential that you hold an QCF Level 3 working with children and young people or equivalent or be working towards this currently.
The staff team works on a monthly rolling rota of 10 shifts per month. Each shift is for 24 hours, consisting of 16 hours’ active duty plus 8 hours’ sleep. There is an hourly rate provided for disturbed sleep.
Applications are subject to satisfactory DBS and reference checks.
Due to the nature of the work it is essential that all applicants have a full UK driving license with access to their own vehicle.
Salary is between £23,000- £27,000 per annum inclusive of sleep in payments.
These positions are full time permanent job roles and are vacant immediately.
If you're on the lookout for a Senior Residential Childcare Worker role based in Spondon, please do get in touch with Millie Parker at Dove Resourcing.
Dove Resourcing is a specialist social care recruitment agency working exclusively with care staff seeking permanent jobs in the care sector. We work throughout the UK supplying staff to both adult & children’s care organisations from support workers to registered managers - so if you are considering a move, or if you just want to keep an eye on the market, do get in touch for a confidential conversation.
- Young People
- Residential Care
- Support Workers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"