Senser Recruitment are delighted to be the agent of choice, dedicated to recruiting on behalf of an award winning provider of education and care for children with special needs such as autism, behaviour that challenges and learning disabilities.
The client, recognised within the Special Education and Care Sector as those who deliver excellence to the children within their care are seeking an ambitious, motivating and applied individual, dedicated to providing the highest standard of care and support to join their successful team in Surbiton as a Senior Residential Support Worker.
Offering an abundance of training and qualifications, progression opportunities and a generous salary and pension scheme this is an opportunity not to be missed for an individual with the ability to motivate a team, think on their feet, problem solve and develop further in their career within the care/special education sector.
This permanent placement is ideal for someone with proven experience of being a leader and motivator to a team of support workers within a childrens home setting.
With the client expanding further in coming months and purchasing more homes the posibilities for personal growth, promotions and leadership are well within reach.
The client gives the best opportunities and training in the sector.
The desire to make a difference and to contribute to the lives of children with SEN/D to paramount as is the consistent approach to offerthe highest standards of care and support, whilst being the go to leader and support for your team of support workers.
- Ensuring shifts are planned with Residential Support Workers and to take the lead and be responsible for the events on the shift
- To assist in the daily running of the setting, work using own initiative, problem solve and to support staff and residents alike
- To work with a "can do" positive, encouraging and motivating friendly manner
- To ensure that all risks are safely managed in line with the company policies and procedures
- To communicate effectively with the team of staff coming onto shift ensuring that a detailed account of your shifts events has taken place and a full handover is given to the relief SRSW.
- To actively contribute to care plans, behaviour support plans, to maintain all records thoroughly and ensure all paperwork is up to date and correct in line with company procedures
- To be responsible for the Health and Safety of all the children, staff and visitors on your shift, and to ensure that any hazards are reported immediately in line with the Health and Safety
- To be a positive role model to the children and staff alike
- To provide the children with care and support that is tailored to their individual needs
- To provide a safe, warm and homely environment, whereby the children may develop further and grow
13 hour shifts , 4 week rolling rota
- Health and social care - level 3 as a minimum.
- Proven experience within a special needs/care environment (SEN Schools/colleges/residential settings/outreach and within the community)
- Autism, behaviour that challenges, learning disabilities experience, knowledge and awareness.
- Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) experience (PECs, MAKATON, PODS, BSL)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to listen and understand and support colleagues
- Excellent diplomacy skills
- The desire to personally develop via qualifications, training and ongoing professional development
- Patient, encouraging and supportive manner
- The ability to stay calm, listen and understand others while applying empathy in challenging situations
- To be supportive and communicate effectively with management and colleague
- To be looking to join the team with a long-term view of employment and to want a career and not just a job
- Safeguarding knowledge and understanding
- Ability to promote positive behaviour
- Must be willing to gain knowledge of the learning processes and specific needs of the residents
- Excellent observation skills
- Ability to work as part of the successful support team
- Proactive and self-motivated with a positive Ã¢â‚¬Å"can doÃ¢â‚¬Â attitude and ability to work using own initiative
- Health and social care/Childcare/Residential care qualifications
- Special needs qualifications and training
- Enhanced DBS valid to work with adults/ children and adults (ideally registered on the online update service)
- Full UK driving licence
To apply, please send us a copy of your most up to date CV, listing all relevant training, qualifications and full employment history.
If you wish to ask for more information or to discuss the role further, please call us and ask to speak with Emma.
Please note all offers of employment are subject to receiving Good or Excellent reference and compliance checks.
You must not be registered on any BARRED LIST and must satisfy all relevant checks before working with any vulnerable person and will be happy to provide all information asked of you relating to your application to ensure compliance with the safeguarding and protection of the residents and those in the clientÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s care.
Senser Recruitment is a specialist SEN/D Recruitment Agency that matches the best talent in the market with positions within specialist schools/residential and care provisions
We are committed in safeguarding the welfare of children and all candidates are expected to share the same commitment.
Senser Recruitment welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sexual orientation, sex, disability, religion/belief, or age, and are committed to equality and diversity
- Residential Care
- special needs