BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Mount Alvernia Hospital has a vacancy for a Senior Registere Nurse to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- R.N. / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
- Post registration clinical course in Chemotherapy administration.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Cancer Nursing.
- Aware of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Phlebotomy skills.
- Cannulation skills.
- Counselling skills.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with the agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the oncology nursing team.
- To promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- To assist with care of cancer patient and provide resource for other members of multi disciplinary team.
- Availability as and when required.
- Delivering Chemotherapy to patients within Mount Alvernia Hospital.
- Consultants, patients and relatives need to be dealt with sensitively and effectively in order to retain their custom.
- To identify, plan, implement and evaluate care/services offered to our customers within the suite setting through effective systems of documentation and communication.
- Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job