Sugarman Group are currently talent searching for a Registered Nurse - Adult with experience in Acute Healthcare to join a dynamic Nursing team in a Private Hospitals Surgical Wards. Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and confident Registered Nurse with experience in mentoring/supporting junior and untrained staff in an Acute General surgery setting. Being a privately funded independent Hospital, staff can enjoy the benefits of having better staff to patient ratio on wards and units and also enjoy promising development opportunities once probation has been passed.
This is a full-time 37.5 hour per week contract. The role holder will be expected to work a flexible shift pattern.
Duties of the role include:
- To be responsible and accountable for the care for an assigned group of patients.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- To advise patients on the promotion of health and the prevention of illness.
- To ensure patients being discharged have the information necessary for an uncomplicated recovery, including Howard Warwick questionnaires.
- To deputise for the Ward Sister / Charge Nurse when required.
- To assist the Clinical Nurse Manager and Ward Sister / Charge Nurse in any ongoing and new projects.
- To assist with the identification of training needs of junior health care assistants and ward clerks and assist in meeting of the needs.
- Recognise the significance of patient observations and maintain a pro-active approach in dealing with them.
- Maintain high standards of patient care throughout the patients journey: from admission to discharge, utilising care pathways.
- To liaise with members of the multi-disciplinary team and ensure holistic care of the patient.
- To take a supervisory/teaching role with less experienced members of staff and students.
- Eligibility to work in the UK (Our client is currently unable to offer forms of visa sponsorship).
- Current valid Registered Nurse - Adult registration with the NMC
- Must have Mentorship Qualifcation or evidence of previuos Mentorship experience.
- Experience in a Acute Healthcare setting
- Experience in General surgery, Gynaecology and Orthopaedics favoured.
- Evidence of professional development and willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
As well as a great starting salary, this position is accompanied by fantastic benefits:
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days Annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Unrivalled training opportunities in both specialism and management
If interested and wanting to find out more please contact our team on for a confidential chat and an opportunity to have your application fast-tracked.
(Registered Nurse / Acute Healthcare / General Surgery / Surgical Ward / Orthopaedic / Gynaecology / Mentorship / Senior Staff Nurse / RGN)
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- Registered Nurse / Acute Nursing / Band 5 / Band 6 / General Surgical Ward / General surgery / Gynaecology / Orthopaedics
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'