A fantastic new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a specialist contractor to the water industry on a permanent basis in Aldershot. Our client has contracts with 11 of the UK's largest water companies to maintain and repair reservoirs, water towers and associated structures. For this position individuals should have wide experience of both estimating and quantity surveying within the construction industry, and ideally have some exposure to the UK water sector.
As the successful Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will have a number of roles and responsibilities to help ensure the success of Major projects and the acquirement of further contracts and clients. Those responsibilities will include:
- Receiving, processing and submitting framework and bespoke pricing schedules and tenders.
- Managing all commercial aspects of ongoing projects and assisting with the company's month-end accounting processes.
- Travelling to sites across a large area of the South of England.
- Maintaining risk management processes and procedures
- Ensuring the timely notification of contract or insurance events
- Approving pricing and rating variations
- Producing project procurement strategy documentation
- Producing project value enhancement plans
In order to ensure given tasks are carried out effectively and to high standards it is essential for candidates to have the following skills and experience:
- Construction industry experience
- Relevant degree in quantity surveying or equivalent
- Chartered surveyor and ideally a member of RICS.
- Experience of working to NEC framework.
- Strong understanding of civil engineering.
- Excellent contract negotiation and administration skills.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads.
- Excellent interpersonal and communicational skills both written and verbally
- Ability to maintain order book turnover and gross margin projections.
- Full driving licence
This role will involve covering a large geographical area of the South of England.
To apply for this position, candidates must be able to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information, please call Rebecca Hadaway on or email Rebecca.hadaway @ BlueprintRecruit.com and quote 13886. Alternately, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' link and following the instructions.