£50,000- £60,000 (negotiable) + Car/ Car allowance
Clifton Shard are working exclusively with successful Groundworks company in Reading who work on commercial groundworks projects ranging in size from £50k to £10 million. The majority of their work is down to repeat business with a number of major construction companies including Balfour Beatty, Wates Construction, Keepmoat and ISG. They undertake a wide variety projects within civil engineering, ground work and small demolition projects.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage the commercial aspects of the projects
- Prepare and submit variations to clients
- Manage Sub-Contractors
- Visit projects on a weekly basis
- Submitting valuations and subsequent client meetings in order to maximize value
- Ensure that the projects are run as per the sub-contract
- Liaise with the internal project team to ensure that the projects are managed effectively
- Adhere to strict deadlines
- Successfully manage a number of different projects in a variety of sectors
Person Specification :
We are interested in speaking with experienced Quantity Surveyors that have 5+ years of commercial groundworks or civils experience.
- Full UK Driving license
- Strong computer and IT package skills
- Commercial acumen
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving ability
- Able to manage multiple projects at one time
- Experience of Eque2 Evaluate and Construct
- Experience of ground modelling software
- Use of Microsoft Project
- Experience of Concrete Frames
- Experience of dispute resolution
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys a busy role working under pressure and contributing to the success of the business. My client is a growing company so there is real opportunity to make a difference and become a valued employee.
If you are interested, please apply online today and we will be in touch within 2 working days to discuss your application. If you would like to discuss the opportunity before applying, please contact Lisa Tancock who will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Quantity Surveying
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job