One of the UK’s largest developers and land owners are now opening a series of regional hubs, the first of them being in Warwickshire.
They are currently not a household name as much of their property has been developed on their behalf by main contractors (e.g. Wates) but that is about to change as they grow their in-house build division.
The organisation has billions in the bank, have no cashflow or debt problems, own and manage the property once built and have many lucrative contracts to build against government targets.
- Maintain and develop commercial processes and procedures and apply best practice and a continuous improvement approach, to maximise returns in terms of profit.
- Manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
- Maximise cash flow through the timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
- Manage the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including variations, claims and disputes.
- Manage the production of accurate and timely accounts for use in managing the business.
- Manage the production of accurate and timely project financial forecasts for use in setting targets and managing the business.
- Establish and maintain robust open and honest reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that the projects meet agreed targets.
- Develop a thorough and in-depth understanding of the contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to the projects to ensure that company's position is protected.
- Mentor more junior colleagues to create a centre of excellence
- Assist the Bid Team in the preparation and pricing of tenders for new work
- Considerable experience within housing development - ideally timber frame
- An enviable network of local and regional suppliers
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB
- A genuine desire to contribute to society and achieve the organisations aims
Salary and Benefits
- Up to £75,000
- Car Allowance
- 12% Contributory pension
- 9-5 Monday to Friday
- Flexible working
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Contract Negotiation
- Housing Development
- Quantity Surveying
- Stakeholder Management
- Man Management