A Senior Purchasing Manager position within the Thames valley
Your new company
This highly successful expanding group is looking for a Senior Purchasing Manager to join there successful procurement department within the Thames Valley.
Your new role
To be responsible for the proactive management of the Supply and Distribution of a defined range of products within specified categories; working closely with the operational and sales teams to deliver the best quality products at optimum prices. This position will work with operational functions, suppliers and distributors to deliver effective supply chain solutions to all operating businesses.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Researching and identifying new products, suppliers and route to market opportunities
- Creating leverage across categories by running tenders and driving cost base reduction by aggregating scale and rationalising Supply Base where the opportunity permits
- Negotiating prices and agreeing contracts
- Ensuring that suppliers deliver consistent service and product quality within agreed specifications
- Keeping abreast of market trends, sharing with Customers
- Driving cost base reductions on high and key spend categories.
- Develop objective methods of reporting to assess and evaluate supplier performance (Scorecards)
- Preparing regular reports indicating category performance by supplier and product.
- Working within product categories, identify areas of improvement in terms of value engineering and 'fit for purpose' across all areas of the business
- Representing the team and working on key projects across the business i.e. Supporting specific Operating businesses or Regions within businesses, Driving Efficiency savings across Supply Chain and Categories, supporting Senior Purchasing Manager on key projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ideally someone with already sound category buying experience, but interested in developing further skills.
- Accountable for delivery of commercial savings, improved quality and innovative solutions through effective product management across a broad range of products
- Manage the collection of central income from suppliers, optimising rebate levels and reducing category dilution.
- Leading initiatives and providing support to functional stakeholders across the operating businesses
- Developing and maintaining an in depth knowledge of the assigned categories and specific requirements of the group in order to maximise value to the customer and improve the organisations competitive edge.
- Assuming responsibility for specific projects within and between operating businesses
- Providing feedback on key market strategies and issues impacting the business, e.g., promotional calendars, major trading issues.
- Spending a significant time in the field engaging customers and suppliers and building/strengthening relationships with operations.
- Leading in the identification, evaluation and development of sources of supply which meet the organisations stringent standards of quality, service and cost.
- Leading Strategic Sourcing and Business Reviews, ensuring adherence to agreed time-scales with the objective of reducing cost whilst maintaining measurable service levels.
- Implementing a continuous improvement programme across the supplier base to achieve improvements in reliability, adaptability and price
- Ensuring suppliers understand and focus on the group strategy, growth and profitability requirements.
Experience required for this position:
- A number of years purchasing or category buying experience in a fast moving, customer service-led environment, thus understanding the demands of numerous "customers". Qualifications Evidence of Higher Education, preferably to degree level with an excellent command of verbal and written English. Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel.
- Preferable industry qualifications i.e. CIPS
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work in an expanding and highly reputable organisation within the Thames Valley.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.