Senior Project/Program Manager, Software Projects (Europe) working for Schneider Electric Software
Req No – 0041VV
Location: Cambridge, England
Posting Date:28th March 2018
Closing Date:27th April 2018
Schneider Electric Software
Schneider Electric is an innovative and trusted provider of software and services that improve productivity and profitability for production, manufacturing and infrastructure industries. Our software solutions allow customers to deliver sustainable performance with flexibility and agility to address evolving market requirements.
The Schneider Electric industrial software business and AVEVA have merged to trade as AVEVA Group plc, a UK listed company. The Schneider Electric and Life is On trademarks are owned by Schneider Electric and are being licensed to AVEVA by Schneider Electric.
Why join us?
First and foremost is our open approach. It’s about providing an environment that encourages personal growth and recognizes and rewards success. Schneider Electric offers a clearly different employment experience than other global organizations. We don’t place limits on what people can achieve.
We do this by:
- Providing an exciting and challenging environment in a respected, highly successful and growing company where success is built by the people who work here
- Being performance-oriented: developing, recognizing and rewarding a ‘can-do’ approach, great performance and personal achievement
- Expecting colleagues to challenge each other and continuously seek opportunities to do things better
- Valuing people who solve problems and thrive on challenges
- Creating new opportunities for personal growth by supporting the training and development of our people
- Working collaboratively with others to achieve shared success
- Being open and transparent as an organization
- Encouraging people to make a positive contribution and express their point of view without fear
- Providing an environment in which people can shape their own career paths
- Nurturing courageous people who want to make big things happen – and providing them the environment to do it
- Manage a number of software deployment and projects
- Gather client requirements and feedback, working with consultants and product managers to develop a project plan and ensure a viable implementation
- Develop a trusted relationship with the customer through delivering their requirements
- Oversee project team interactions coordinating project elements and communicating project progress, both internally and to customers
- Plan transition of responsibility to support team once project delivery is complete
- Work with senior technical staff to improve and mature deployment project management processes
Oversees and monitors project engineering activities and deliverables for timely completion, schedule adherence and cost control, while ensuring project deliverables meet project requirements. Identifies problem areas or concerns and resolves these issues as needed. Reviews project specifications for quality and accuracy.
Works with the design and development teams to execute projects within technical, cost and schedule requirements. Develops and defines project deliverables, along with key input from other departments, for defining the project schedule and establishing an agreed project milestone payment schedule. Reviews required documentation deliverables. May assist and or lead in the development of system specifications, FAT and SAT documents.
Ensures system testing is performed according to quality standards. Commits to project schedules and budgets and provides status documentation on projects. Reviews project activities and identifies potential change order or scope modifications as necessary. Develops and modifies project budget activities for new and existing projects. Ensures appropriate commissioning support where required.
Acts as the main point of contact with customers. Interface with customers on technical and contractual details. Provides commercial leadership for projects and oversees the engineering of Software solutions to project specifications. Routinely interfaces with engineering managers, project engineers, sales, marketing, proposals, and customer service groups.
You will have a Degree, ideally, followed by a Masters in Computer Science or Computer Software. This is a pre-requisite of the role.
You will be certified or working towards your Program Management Professional Certification, this is a pre-requisite of the role.
You should present a considerable track record of related work experience, including multi-million pound software projects or demonstrable knowledge and implementation or troubleshooting experience with Wonderware MES, Wonderware Avantis, and the Schneider Electric System Platform.
You will have global experience of working across the Chemical Industry.
Other: Excellent written and oral English communication skills are necessary.
Salary and Benefits
This role enjoys a competitive salary, depending on background and experience.
Our benefits package includes a discretionary annual bonus scheme, annual leave, a competitive contributory pension scheme, health and life insurance cover.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.We are always open to a conversation aroun
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job