Senior Project Manager
Vitality, Senior Project Manager, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits, 6-Month FTC
We’re the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we’re out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you’ll enjoy: Free places to Vitality sponsored run events, online fitness classes and wellbeing workshops, competitions to win tickets to top-flight sporting events, health checks and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It’s what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members and good for you.
As ourSenior Project Manager, you’ll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme – Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Amazon Prime, Champneys Spa days, Rakuten TV and half-price gym memberships to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions, and awards – a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
As our Senior Project Manager,you will be responsible for executing change within the time, budget and scope for high-value or complex project deliveries. You will provide creative solutions to manage ongoing change requirements through the life of the project, and will have Line Management responsibility for other Project Managers in the team, supporting and coaching them and accepting accountability for the quality of their outputs.
Key responsibilities of our Senior Project Manager will include:
Line Management (approx. 50% of time)
Directing line management of up to 6 Project Managers to include:
- Supporting, guidance & coaching
- Undertaking fortnightly 121s and quarterly performance assessment
- Defining and measuring against performance objectives
- Supporting Project Managers with their ongoing role education and personal development
- Producing and Owning the 1 and 3 year Vision Statements for the Project Management Team aligned to Business and IT Strategies
- Acting as the escalation point for all Projects in flight
- Managing the Operational budget
Project Management (approx. 50% of time)
- Proactively engaging with specific sponsors and stakeholders to define and scope, then manage allocated project efficiently and effectively
- Agreeing roles and responsibilities for sponsors and stakeholders and continually monitoring and adjusting
- Defining and coordinating the securing of commitments from cross-functional groups and external providers
- Establishing milestones, activities and plans, and manage performance against them
- Managing time, budget and scope movement in the face of uncertainty, change and aggressive deadlines common to a rapidly growing company with an evolving business model
- Producing and managing budget and resource plans for the project
- Following the project methodology, practices and procedures appropriate for the particular project
What we’re looking for in our Senior Project Manager:
- A bachelor’s degree or related experience in operations, IT or product development
- The ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal/external organisations across multiple sites with a proven record of success
- Experience in helping team members harness/develop strengths in pursuit of successful portfolio outcomes
- Problem-solving, decision-making and financial skills
- Knowledge of the regulatory and quality requirements for the financial services industry
- Experience of different project methodologies
Closing Date: Monday 9th August 2021
Working for Vitality, you will experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Senior Project Manager, thenplease click ‘apply’ today.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'