Fantastic Opportunity - Senior Project Engineer - Middlesbrough £60k-£70k - Immed Start -
Your new company
Our client is is the leading global supplier of solutions protecting people and equipment from fire, blast and radiant heat hazards for the offshore and onshore oil and gas, nuclear, renewable energy, chemical and petrochemical industries. Their design and engineering teams have been working together to solve some of the industry's toughest safety challenges and create breakthrough innovations. Designing bespoke solutions to specific performance criteria, manufacturing fully certified products and successfully installing them on site. In short, providing a complete turnkey service for the safety of people and equipment.
Your new role
You will be providing day to day oversight and direction to the multi-disciplined IPT team reporting to the Business Unit Director. To ensure MTE discharge their contractual obligation, to manage & control the execution of specific projects from order acceptance through to final account submittal on specific projects allocated to their care.
Main responsibilities include:
- Lead the overall regular project review meetings, identify problem areas and ensure that corrective actions are initiated. Management and administration of contract activities & production of regular reports - internal/external based on progress, risks, etc.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on progress vs plan and budgets. Realise contract growth through the variation process to maximise project margins.
- Day to day responsibility for the project profit & loss reporting and cost control.
- Financial performance of each project, including sales, gross margin, overheads, operating profit and cash flow
- Liaison with the Operations Manager and Master Schedule for resource requirements.
- Decisions on the need and nature of major design changes and potential variations to contract.
- Working with technical managers and leaders, ensure that that technical and support resources required to meet project requirements are deployed effectively.
- Monitor performance against plan and institute corrective actions and recovery plans as required ensuring project goals are achieved.
- As a Project Delivery Leader and member of the Management Team, model exemplary behaviour regarding safe work performance and attention to health and quality standards.
- Lead Post Implementation reviews upon completion of projects and identify critical technical and commercial issues and the way they were resolved.
- Act as mentor to developing Project Engineers, technical, and support staff
What you'll need to succeed
You must have
- Experience in delivering multi disciplined, high value, large scale construction projects.
- Experience in steel fabrication, and welding, site management.
- Experience in working on Oil & Gas and Offshore sector.
- Managing client relationships, negotiations, and communication essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex project controls issues, manage conflict and provide resolution using a combination of technical skills, leadership, teamwork and people management skills.
- Training and experience in Project Management practices.
- Display a high regard for safety & quality attributes.
What you'll get in return
Opportunity to join a fantastic worldwide client working on amazing projects. Strong package offered for the position along side negotiable salary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- project manager
- oil and gas
- project director
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job