Senior Project Engineer - Unified Communications
The Senior Project Engineer - UC will play a key role in the design, configuration, implementation and support of network and infrastructure solutions. This includes requirements gathering, project scoping, planning and implementation; mentoring other staff; supporting customers; process improvement and other related engineering duties as required. The role is to act as product champion for one product set in our portfolio and must have significant experience across the Cisco networking portfolio as well as a strong understanding of wider technologies and the competitive landscape.
- Adopting an effective overall approach to project management, scoping, planning and implementation to ensure successful delivery to sales department and customers, including managing relationships with 3rd parties
- Delivering excellent customer service, making sure our customers have confidence in our technical expertise
- Provide design, consultancy and implementation services for networking projects to customers, ensuring all work is scoped adequately to ensure profitability
- Consult with customers to determine technical requirements of projects to produce detailed design documentation based on architectural standards, to include physical and logical designs and configurations
- Install, configure and manage Cisco networking products
- Resolve complex technical issues as third line point of escalation, delivering excellent customer service, liaising effectively with customers to determine positive solutions that increase end user satisfaction, responding with an appropriate sense of urgency to reported problems, managing customer expectations to keep them at a realistic level, following through to completion and communicating resolution results to end user and determining appropriate actions necessary to eliminate future occurrences
- Staying abreast of industry trends and technology and ensuring you have sufficient technical knowledge to meet technical requirements, support the company’s accreditation requirements and share knowledge within the team
- Work with scheduling team to plan, schedule and prioritise workload effectively and accurately report engineering activity
- Accurately reporting engineering activity
- Populating knowledge framework by family/product group to share knowledge within the company
- Participating in training and development opportunities
- Involvement in the out of hours support rota on a 4 weekly rota as second line cover to support the out of hours desk and first line on call
- Working evenings and weekends on occasion where project delivery and customer change control dictates
- Taking assigned role within the team, staying abreast of industry trends and technology advances to provide thought leadership to customer challenges and opportunities they present and ensuring you have sufficient technical knowledge to meet technical requirements, support the company’s accreditation requirements and share knowledge within the team
- Operating in compliance with legal requirements and other regulations including health and safety
Key Performance Measures
- Successful completion of projects within quality measures (time, cost, quality)
- Maintain/achieve certifications as required for company accreditations
- Accurately and completely record activity in the relevant platforms
- Escalation procedures, policies and working practices are adhered to
- Cisco CCNP Voice/Collaboration or working towards
- At least 2 years’ experience designing, implementing and supporting Cisco’s UC applications, including Communications Manager, Unity Connection, Contact Centre Express, Instant Messaging and Presence and Voice gateways
- Good understanding of the communications protocols such as H323 / SIP / MGCP / SCCP
- Strong knowledge in many of the following network protocols and technologies: BGP, OSPF, RTP, IP, TCP (internals and flow contract), UDP, DNS, DHCP, T1/E1, Ethernet, Firewalls, IT Security best practices and Videoconferencing
- Good troubleshooting analysis, isolation and resolution of events and incidents
- Ability to create and maintain work instructions, technical documentation and processes
- Ability to provide problem management and perform Root Cause Analysis
- Experience in integrating Cisco solutions with other 3rd party vendor products (ZOON, Redbox, Tiger etc)
- Ability to script in UCCX at a basic level
- Ability to write and carry out action/implementation plans for complex change or incident resolutions is desired
- 3+ years designing, implementing and supporting Cisco UC applications is desired
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Resilience and drive results
- Questioning approach and use of own initiative.
- Accurate and detail orientated with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage own workload, prioritise to meet key deadlines and work across the broader team
- Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deployment services environment.
- Passion for resolving technical issues, and a 'can-do’ attitude.
- Able to work collaboratively to achieve results within agreed timeframes.
- Full UK driving licence
Competencies for this Role
- Customer Service Focus
- Team Player
- Operational Performance
- Creating and Inspiring Commitment
- Planning and Organising
Please note: Unfortunately due to the large number of applications that RLS receives for some posts, it is not possible to reply to every unsuccessful application. If you have not received a response within 2 weeks of your application, please assume that your application has not been successful.
- CCNP Certified
- Unified Communications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'