At Rentalcars, we’re on a mission to help people discover and do more. Putting the customer back in control, giving them maximum choice, great value, total transparency, and customer service that really cares.
Today, there are three members of the Rentalcars family.
Rentalcars.com: The world’s biggest online car rental service, with over 1,500 staff speaking 42 languages, empowering travellers at 50,000+ locations worldwide.
Rideways: Finding the best way for each customer to get from A to B, in pre-booked taxis and chauffeur-driven cars.
Rentalcars Connect: Bringing the magic of Rentalcars.com and Rideways to partners’ sites, so customers enjoy a seamless booking experience through brands they already know and love.
Our aim is to be everyone’s first choice in ground transport. Delivering market-leading choice, value, transparency and service, wherever they are and wherever they need to go.
We’re part of The Priceline Group, the world leader in online travel and related services, along with Booking.com, priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable.
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Product Owner who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment and lives to delight the customer. You will be responsible for delivering product excellence and innovation across multiple product teams. Your teams will be responsible for driving various new product development streams that help innovate the customer experience. Your charter is frictionless car hire and you are responsible in this role to create a vision and execute the strategy for what that offering means through the customer funnel.
As Senior Product Owner for frictionless car hire you will need to work closely with our commercial team. Through their relationships you will be responsible for understanding how supply partners work so that you can develop solutions that provide value for the customer, supply partners and us. A key part of this role is finding ways to drive more value to our supply partners in a sustainable way that enhances ours and their business whilst providing the best customer experience.
Your team will partner with senior leadership to innovate and redefine experiences on important touch points of car rental journey addressing key customer pain points and delivering high impact solutions. Your role will include components of strategy (e.g. analysing and understanding new trends in the industry, building business plans), operations (e.g. planning and establishing agreements withcommercial teams to, and stakeholder management.
This is a key innovation stream the business is passionate about, which means that you'll be part of a tightly knit and highly driven team to work on problem space that is stimulating. We're looking for someone who is a star in their own right and can inspire others but at the same time, roll up their sleeves and own the journey to define next generation car rental experience with the world’s largest car rental brand.
As part of a Tech Company growing quickly, high performers can expect extensive opportunities for progression and development.
To successfully deliver change in a fast paced working environment you will need to:
- Develop a deep understanding of the current and future customer needs across all areas of the business - and how those needs interact with your product portfolio
- Deeply understand user needs around post purchase touchpoints through focus groups, field research, dog fooding and data/analytics
- Work with the leadership team and other senior stakeholders to define the overall strategy and direction for your product portfolio
- Build, lead and coach a team of Product Owners
- Develop right mind-set and pace with the team to fail fast, learn and iterate in scale.
- Work with senior architects, heads of development, delivery and operations to design and deliver products and services to delight our customers
- Be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of products within your portfolio
- Work with product teams, coaches and engineering to drive continuous efficiency improvements
- Communicate with key stakeholders to keep them up to date and bought into the product development process
- Have 5+ years’ experience as a product owner or senior product owner
- Prior roles in consumer - B2C product.
- Have a proven track record of delivering successful, user-oriented products
- Experience in mobile apps / SDK space (IOS and Android)
- Be able to define and communicate product vision or strategy to others
- Be commercially aware and have a strategic mind, able to identify business opportunities and deliver against them
- Have great organisational skills, able to manage and deliver multiple products and projects simultaneously
- Be highly analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate with the business at all levels
- Understand what an exceptional user experience entails and how to deliver it whilst balancing against other competing priorities
- Be a highly motivated self-starter with a flexible, can-do attitude
- Have experience of driving product development through all phases of the product lifecycle
- Domain experience/understanding of rental car and/or airport operations
- Domain experience/understanding of Insurance space and claims is desirable
- Ideally experience in the driving tech space/smart phone telematics, but not required
- Experience in premium business models/product
- Product Manager
- Mobile Applications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job