Are you available immediately and looking for a contract position as a Procurement Specialist/Category Manager? Do you have extensive experience with indirect services and HR Category?
My client provides facilities management, consultancy, project management and a range of specialist services that connect people with innovation and technology. They are a UK FTSE 250 business and have a reputation for being the best and we are currently recruiting a professional Strategic Sourcing manager/ Senior Procurement Specialist for indirect services to join the team in the Midlands region.
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Sourcing for indirect services, you will provide procurement support specifically across their indirect categories including HR and recruitment. As the Strategic Sourcing manager/ Senior Procurement Specialist for indirect services, you will be responsible for managing, defining and implementing sourcing strategies in the indirect services categories of supply, with particular focus on HR, Training & Development and Travel & accommodation and carrying out sourcing activity and managing supplier relationships.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Work with the Head of Strategic Sourcing and businesses to define and execute category strategy. This will cover short, medium, and long term plans, including understanding and influencing business needs, agreeing benefits targets, compiling sourcing plans, leading tender activity, implementing new contracts / processes, and continuous improvement work
- Value optimised on all category spend, achieving annualised and in-year savings targets
- Use of internal provider businesses maximised in appropriate categories
- application of a full category management approach, wider than just sourcing.
- understanding and influencing business demand, strategic management of supplier relationships and performance, supporting bid activity and ongoing engagement with the business
- Positive contribution to the design and implementation of the new operating model
To be successful, you will:
- be educated to degree level
- Ideally MCIPS qualified or working towards the CIPS Graduate Diploma
- have proven experience in a similar role with a track record in managing procurement spend in the Indirects categories of supply; with particularly strong experience in HR , Training & Development and Travel & Accommodation
- have an excellent level of commercial and financial understanding, with demonstrable experience of working in a commercial environment
- have strong stakeholder management skills
- be performance driven with strong project management, planning and organising skills
If you have the experience and the passion and are looking to secure a new role within a large, reputable organisation then apply now for immediate consideration.
- Category Manager
- HR category