Help Prepare for Independent Living
A Local Authority based in the West Midlands is seeking an experienced Senior Practitioner to join their Leaving Care service
- This vacancy has become available as a result of a recent restructuring.
- Work with 16-17 year old's who are being Looked After by the Local Authority and preparing for independent living
- Will be working closely with Housing, Education, Employment and Public Health services to ensure Care Leavers have the best opportunities.
- Will be completing Pathway Plans together with service users, you will also have the support of Personal Adviser's who are also able to work with care leavers to update their plans
- This is a largely stable service with most staff employed on a permanent basis. Furthermore staff in the team have reported a high level of job satisfaction
- Feedback is being provided within 24 hours of CV's being submitted
- Contracts are being issued for at least 6 months, but this is expected to be made ongoing providing a greater degree of stability.
- Pay rate is up to £32.34/Hr
This is an excellent opportunity for you to work with Looked After Children who are preparing for independent living. The post will see you work closely with Social Workers and Personal Advisers as well as other Local Authority services such as Housing, Education, Employment and Public Health to ensure care leavers ave access to the appropriate services to enable them to live independently.
As a Senior Practitioner you will be supporting junior staff to help with their caseloads as well as deputise for the Team Manager. You will be joining an established team where most staff are employed on a permanent basis. This is a team which experiences very little turnover off staff and as such it is unlikely that there will be much disruption to your caseload.
To be considered for this post you should have extensive LAC or Leaving Care experience.
To find out more about this post or to discuss alternatives feel free to contact me, Rico on . Alternatively you can email me an up to date CV to
- Independent Living
- Public Health
- Social Care
- West Midlands
- Social Worker
- Leaving Care
- Care Leavers
- Senior Practitioner
- Pathway Plans
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'