This is a rare and exciting position to join the head office underwriting team in Guildford. The role will play an integral part in driving forward the account, by revolutionising the way we do things and developing our technical pricing capability and implementing new innovative products.
A successful candidate will be a proactive and enthusiastic individual and will need the flexibility to work well with different stakeholders across the wider business. They will be integral to the development of the Motor Trade account, sharing best practise in underwriting and portfolio management techniques and processes. As part of the team you will:
- Contribute to strategic delivery of change in the account
- Work closely with technical data to translate results into tactical and strategic action.
- Assist in developing the analytical capabilities of the account
- Maintaining underwriting integrity, portfolio and pricing analysis and training support.
- Ensure proactive up to date knowledge around competitor activity and market developments to share with the branch network.
- Work closely with regional trading offices
- Support managers, business developers and underwriters with new business development opportunities and existing business cases
- Assist the team with questions and referrals from the branch network
- Manage branch activity, account performance and underwriting technical competence
The Motor Trade account is a cross class product which services the smallest to the largest Motor Trade business across the UK. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to increase your knowledge of Motor Trade, and also to work closely with property, casualty and motor fleet, to contribute to learnings and change across the head office teams.
This is a perfect opportunity to work in a head office environment, broaden your experience and work with senior stakeholders to build relationships.
Skills & Experience
- Underwriting Experience - Motor Trade experience is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent numerical, analytic and account management skills.
- The ability to analyse data and information and provide recommendations.
- A positive self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges to drive projects through to completion.
- An aptitude for problem solving and delivering solutions.
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills.
- Proactive in development of own skills and technical knowledge.
- Organisational skills.
- Ideally ACII qualified or progressing towards completion.
- Strong Excel skills.
What we offer you in return:
- Competitive salary, which is reviewed annually
- Annual Bonus related to individual and company performance
- A generous pension plan
- Competitive holiday allowance that increases with length of service, with the option of buying and selling up to 5 days holiday per year
- Share purchase plan
- Flexible benefits plan, giving the option to tailor benefits (such as dental insurance and private medical care) to suit individual needs
- Excellent training and development opportunities including our Award winning Underwriting Academy which is CII accredited.
At Allianz, we welcome applications from everyone, regardless of your background or needs. If you need assistance with making your application please contact us at
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.