Exciting opportunity for ambitious Senior Planner - Infrastructure Planning
Salary - Competitive
About the role
We currently have an opening for a senior planner to join our busy Infrastructure Planning team in our London office. You will be engaged as professional planning practitioner based within a busy planning team working on a variety of infrastructure planning projects. Taking forward planning applications, planning appraisals, monitoring and development plan advice. Assisting with day-to-day responsibilities for running projects under the direction of a Director. Capable of taking responsibility for conduct of projects; liaison with clients and local planning authorities; third parties; other consultants and other planning stakeholders.
Working across a portfolio of Infrastructure projects, including transport, energy and community infrastructure, as well the opportunity to become involved in the Development Consent Order process for major projects.
About Capita | Local Government, Health & Property
GL Hearn, part of the Capita Local Government Health & Property and part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
- Day to day running of planning projects under direction of a Director.
- Client liaison and representation of GL Hearn in client meetings and external meetings with local planning authorities and other stakeholders. Liaison with the public in connection with projects and consultation events.
- Responsible for a varied planning caseload including planning applications, planning appraisals, monitoring and strategic planning advice under the direction of a Director
- Provision of support to senior staff and assistance with developing strategy advice on a range of projects.
- Management of time and workload under direction of Director.
- Continuing professional development relating directly to projects and development of wider planning knowledge commensurate with role and experience.
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge and securing a thorough working knowledge of all aspects of planning law.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- Full membership of Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Educated to degree level (alternative first degree to planning often an advantage) with appropriate professional qualification.
- Excellent and focussed report writing skills. Ability to develop arguments and to identify key concepts and contribute to strategy development.
- Ability to think laterally and strategically.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills and full appreciation of the commercial context of working in a busy consultancy.
- Professional attitude and dedication to career.
- Ability to work in a team and individually.
- Ability to express arguments succinctly and effectively directly and in writing.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to develop a career in a private sector planning consultancy.
- Experience of infrastructure planning and/or the DCO application process an advantage.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you25 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.