Senior Physicist / Magnet Engineer
- Modelling of magnetic (mainly superconducting) systems using industry standard tools including OPERA, COMSOL Multiphysics and other analytical tools.
- Design and development of cryogenic and cryogen-free superconducting magnet systems.
- Generation of line-up information for the drawing office; checking and approving of detailed drawings.
- Generation of working instructions and procedures in accordance with the Company`s ISO9001 Quality Assurance policy.
- Project management of projects and parts of major projects.
- Specifying and conducting tests in the workshop; recording and interpreting results in accordance with quality and health & safety policies.
- Liaison with partners and suppliers in all parts of the world as required.
- Generation of technical reports for internal use and external publication.
- Fostering relationships and links with existing customers and suppliers, and with potential new customers in academia and industry.
- Dealing with queries from customers and collaborators, supplying information in the relevant format in a concise and timely manner.
- Keeping up to date with relevant technology and disseminating information within the Company.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree qualified in physics or a physical science course, possibly to PhD level.
- Expertise and knowledge of a subset of the following:
- Superconducting magnet design
- OPERA 2D / 3D - Static magnetic and transient analysis
- COMSOL Multiphysics simulation software package
- Superconducting joint design
- Quench protection design
- Persistent switch design
- Impregnation techniques for magnet designs
- Cryogenic vessel heat load calculations
The post requires the following skills:
- High standard of spoken and written English
- Effective problem solver
- Good interpersonal communicator.
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a fast-paced team
- Senior Physicist / Magnet Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job