MWR’s phishd division provides a wide array of innovative employee security behaviour services, such as simulated phishing attacks, point-in-time security education, password auditing and more to multi-national, enterprise-level organisations.
We’re looking for a talented, self-motivated and passionate Senior PHP developer to work alongside our existing dev team. Reporting into our DevOps manager, you will help lead the development, maintenance and continual improvement of our services, applications & platforms.
The successful candidate will enjoy being exposed to the cyber security industry, working alongside penetration testers, security consultants, experienced developers & industry experts.
Playing a key role in our team, the successful candidate will also enjoy debating the finer points of xBox vs PS4, Nvidia vs ATI and demonstrating dominance on a range of our consoles and games - from Counterstrike & Goldeneye through to GT3 & CoD!
The role will provide the candidate with the opportunity to learn new skills, techniques and progress their development career within an unusual, interesting and fun environment.
- Be a key player in the existing development team, leading the implementation of new service & features
- Providing critical & timely support to delivery teams through updates, bug fixes and technical assistance
- Providing code review services to other members of the technical team
- Understanding & supporting our existing & future services, applications & platforms
- Production of supporting materials; including technical documentation.
- Help lead critical projects within the team to improve services and process.
Who we think will be a great fit…
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ PHP development experience in a commercial environment
- Detailed knowledge of object-orientated PHP5+ and MVC frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of MySQL
- Good knowledge of HTML, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Commercial experience of unit and functional testing (PHPUnit)
- Experience working with/developing web services
- Consistent and logical approach to time management and prioritisation
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven and self-motivated approach to work
- Ability to work on multiple development projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of version control systems (ideally Git)
- Experience using JIRA/Confluence
- Willingness to support & mentor less experienced members of the team
- Experience using Codeigniter
- Worked in Agile(Scrum/Kanban) Environment and knowledge of daily routine
- Knowledge of Linux / Apache / MySQL / PHP administration
- Familiar with responsive CSS techniques
- Experience of Goldeneye on the N64 (random gaming sessions may occur in the office; the successful candidate may also be proficient in pool).
Who we are
Established in 2003, MWR InfoSecurity is a research-led cyber security consultancy working with clients around the world. We provide specialist advice and solutions on all areas of security, from professional to managed services through to commercial and open source security tools. Our focus is working with clients to develop and deliver security programmes, tailored to meet the needs of each individual organisation.
In a rapidly changing technology landscape, innovation is essential and our ambition to push boundaries sets us apart. We are not satisfied with the first answer, we break things, reverse and research them until we have an understanding that is of real value. Central to this philosophy is the desire to deliver high quality cyber security consulting services and unsurpassed levels of support to our clients.
This is a great opportunity to work with some awesome people in a thriving business. If you have the ambition and expertise to fulfil this role then please contact us.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job