Senior Payroll Administrator, St Albans, £27-30,000 + Benefits
Our client are a thriving Accountancy Practice based in St Albans who enjoy an enviable reputation as a Top 40 Firm are recruiting for a Payroll Administrator to join their friendly team. This is a strong opportunity to work on an exciting and varied portfolio of clients.
You must have a practice or bureau background to be considered for this role.
Payroll Administrator Responsibilities:
- Processing fortnightly, monthly & quarterly payroll for various sized clients
- Investigating unusual requests from clients on output figures
- Providing detailed reports to clients
- Monthly letters to payroll clients detailing Inland Revenue payments required
- Completing regular checks of statutory information and identifying deficiencies
- Liaising with clients and dealing with ad hoc queries
- Submitting electronic data to HMRC each month in line with RTI procedures
- End of year compliance including P35s/P60s and on-going compliance such as P45s etc.
- Two years’ experience in a similar Payroll position
- Being AAT qualified (or Part Qualified) would be beneficial
- A good understanding of how to complete manual calculations for Tax & NI and the impact of different tax codes
- Understanding of statutory payments
- Awareness of Auto Enrolment and employer’s obligations
- Experience setting up new PAYE schemes with HMRC
- Working knowledge of Payroll software:, STAR Payroll is desirable
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and management accounts would be useful but not necessary
Keywords: Payroll, Umbrella Services, Accountancy Practice, Firm of Accountants, Chartered Accountants, Statutory Payments
Location: St Albans, Harpenden, Hemel Hempstead, Watford, Luton, Hertfordshire, Bedford
Prestige Appointment are a Recruitment Agency providing permanent resourcing and selection services to employers throughout the UK.