Senior Network Engineer sought on a permanent basis by Global Media Organisation in Central London.
As Senior Network Engineer, your key responsibilities will encompass:
- Engineering, designing, configuring, installing, integrating, maintaining, and troubleshooting of enterprise LAN/WLAN/WAN networks and systems (enterprise converged networks, wired and wireless).
- Network Security - Firewalls, Intrusion detection, incident response and escalation, security policy articulation and compliance checking.
- Identify network trends and abnormalities and proactively take steps to prevent performance impacts to network traffic and business function.
- Perform pro-active support functions and reporting to maintain the integrity of the enterprise network equipment and infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting internal and external routing problems.
- Assessment and optimization of the LAN/WLAN/WAN networks, through network monitoring, statistics, and daily health checks.
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive documentation diagrams of Network Infrastructure.
- Network performance evaluation, monitoring and optimization.
- Systems and user support.
Qualifications and Skills:
Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field essential.
- Strong Cisco experience - CCNA/CCNP
- Experience in LAN/WAN and network Security
- Experience with Cisco IP Telephony.
- Experience with Wireless systems
- Experience with network traffic analysis, QOS, VoIP and converged networks.
- Intermediate experience in Layer 2 technologies. E.g. STP/RSTP/VSS
- Intermediate experience in Layer 3 technologies, gateway load balancing protocols (VRRP/HSRP) and dynamic routing protocols (OSFP/BGP).
- Knowledge of Quality of Service, IPSec, Multicast and load balancing.
- Experienced in firewall design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Strong problem-solving and logical analysis skills.
- Strong documentation and/or technical writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
While not required experience of the following would also be advantageous:
- Palo Alto Networks Certification - ACE or CNSE.
- Experience in installing, configuring and maintaining IPS.
- Remote access VPN (IPsec, GRE, 3DES or AES VPN Tunnels).
- Experience working in a 24x7 environment.
- ITIL knowledge.
If you are an experienced Senior Network Engineer with a stable employment background and check-able references, please submit your application ASAP.