Senior .NET Developer
- £40,000 Dependent on experience
- Based in Sheffield
- Bonuses and Company Benefits
- Free Parking
Is a market leader in its area of expertise, and provides innovative/solution driven software to some of the biggest names in this regulated industry sector. A robust strategy for growth and increased business has created a need to increase its existing software development team. This is a business which is very established, well respected and very dynamic in terms of its vision for the future.
We are seeking a Senior Developer who will report directly in to the Head of R&D, work alongside the Project management team and 3rd party development consultants. This will be an opportunity for an experience developer to exercise pre-existing business skill whilst continuing to create and improve excellent cloud-based software solutions and applications (SaaS).
The ideal Candidate
Will have a working knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server), web and client-server concepts, and be able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. You will also be someone who can confidently and willingly take the lead when required to drive and support more junior members of the team to ensure that deadlines and goals are achieved without compromising on the quality of the required outcome. The success of the business to date can clearly be attributed to the positive team culture which is evident across all areas of the organisation, and it will be important that this new appointment is filled by someone who can contribute ideas and encourage others to do the same in order to continue to drive the business forward.
The company is keen to encourage personal development and you will be someone who can demonstrate intellectual rigour, whilst already possessing relevant skills and abilities, but remain keen and capable of learning new skills quickly.
The role and responsibilities include:
- Reviewing, analysing and occasionally modifying systems which will include encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support application systems.
- Consulting with project managers and end users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance the businesses existing Microsoft based systems.
- Writing documentation to describe custom configuration of applications and operating procedures to liaison with 3rd party application development consultants.
- Coordinate application development for multiple projects and assist in troubleshooting software application issues in order to meet changing user requirements
- Assist support team with application installation and testing
- Analyse data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Should have a minimum of 5-10 years of technology experience with at least 2 years hands-on technical roles in the field and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Technical experience with databases, Web development.
- Good background in Data Base design in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Background in Microsoft .NET, MVC, C#, HTML and jQuery.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities;
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience
- and education.
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
This is a solid opportunity to join a company with a clear plan for the future. It is firmly committed to its people, and who believes in empowering colleagues to develop and grow in their chosen fields with the support of a strong and focused leadership team who have extensive experience and knowledge they are keen to share. Furthermore, this is a business that recognises, and rewards based on personal and team success.
If you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Matt Pallister on the number listed on our website: Marmion Recruitment.
- Software Development
- Microsoft SQL Server