We have an exciting opportunity for 2 x permanent Senior Member Support Officers, 1with a focus on Skills & Training, the other with a focus on Inclusion to join our team based at Gilwell Park, Chingford.
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the Senior Member Support Officer role:
The purpose of these roles are to act as a specialist in either volunteer training or inclusion and diversity as part of the Member Support department. These are a multi-disciplinary roles which provides advice, guidance and resources for our members.
What will you be doing as a Senior Member Support Officer?
- Act as the inclusion and diversity / volunteer skills and training specialist in Scouting, keeping up to date with internal and external developments
- Recruit, manage and motivate allocated staff resource
- Liaise with other departments and teams to ensure resources are fit for purpose and relevant
- Contribute to allocated Programmes of Work projects and initiatives to provide a member support perspective and assist with a smooth transition to delivery
- Provide direct support to members on a range of topics and areas of work that enable volunteers to undertake their respective roles in Scouting
- In partnership with volunteers review and contribute to the researching, development and publication of resources and materials (including digital) that support members in a range of aspects
What we can offer you as our Senior Member Support Officer:
- 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Subsidised Lunch
- Free Parking
- Shuttle Bus service to and from Chingford mainline station
What we are looking for in our Senior Member Support Officer:
- Solid experience working in the field of diversity, equality and inclusivity related issues (for our Inclusion specific Senior Member Support Officer) or alternatively the ability to encourage and influence the learning and training provided by Scouting Volunteers (for our Skills and Training specific Senior Member Support Officer)
- Ability to encourage and influence the learning and training provided by Scouting (delivery of training is through our network of volunteers)
- Knowledge of how to autonomously service a committee/working group’s logistics, briefings and follow-ups
- Ability to undertake policy development (including research, consultation and development of proposals) on the basis of internal and/or external agendas
- Experience of engaging internal senior decision makers and decision making bodies with policy recommendations - this will include report writing, consultation and ability to pre-empt questions/concerns
- Networking and influencing skills that result in positive outcomes
- Highly competent in the use of word processing, data collection and email software
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click 'Apply’ now to become either our Senior Member Support Officer (Inclusion) or Senior Member Support Officer (Skills and Training).
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £35,354 per annum (inclusive of Outer London Weighting)
Closing date: 29th May 2019 at 23.59
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'