Our Client is a well-established full service investment brokerage company in London and the international investment markets, facilitating over 180 million derivatives contracts a year on behalf of banks, institutional investors, corporates and trade clients, and high net worth individuals.
They provide trading expertise across the full spectrum of global asset classes, including equities, fixed income and a range of hard and soft commodities, spanning cash securities, physicals and derivatives.
As a Senior Market Risk Analyst you will be working as a Senior member of the Risk Team to maintain control of Market Risks, for the full spectrum of global asset classes, including equities, fixed income and a range of hard and soft commodities, spanning cash securities, physicals and derivatives.
- Calculating pre-trade margin requirements using ION margin module (what if scenarios). Investigate unexpected changes in VaR or positions and provide analysis to risk managers.
- Daily VAR reporting and sensitivity analysis including Commodities, FX & Rates, Credit, Equities
- Commodities new product approvals and setting up commodities curves for risking and VaR calculation
- Trader limit framework monitoring - ability to view trader exposure against pre-defined limits: including VaR and Greek exposures
- Working with Treasury to understand liquidity and capital exposure and recommending trading solutions when capital exposure exceeds limits.
- Verification of payments and adjust electronic platforms accordingly
- Adhere to company Risk Management Framework
- Assessing client electronic trading platform limits/leverages against account value
- Distributing margin calls for cash and credit clients
- Maintain Risk control ensuring all accounts maintain their margins at all times
- In volatile market conditions, if immediate confirmations are not received, action is taken (on consultation with the Finance Director) to liquidate positions, or place stop loss orders in the market(s)
- Allocate margin rates to CFD’s and haircuts to collateral based on pre-defined criteria
- Assess financial impact of EFS/EFP’s/AA/Post if’s on company Balance Sheet
- Monitor in real time the exposure and sensitivity of customers’ positions to fluctuations in market variables, reacting efficiently to these changes with relevant margin calls using ION Risk Informer
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Understanding of Reuters and Bloomberg
- A good knowledge of electronic platforms (ISV’s) to implement trading limits and pre-trade risk management i.e. CGQ, TT. FIDESSA, PATS, ICE, FASTFILL, CME Clearport, Flextrade
- Working knowledge of GMI, F&O, CFD’s, currency pairs, ETD’s & LME
- Liquidity Risk
- Market Risk
- FX Options