Our client is written about as an award winning firm and recognised as a dynamic, fast growing organisation with a diverse client base of subsidiaries of multi-national companies. They are also currently expanding into the US market (inbound).
Due to continued growth, they have a vacancy for a versatile and experienced corporate tax senior manager, based at their office on the outskirts of Nottingham, easily accessible for many locations.
This is a hands-on role, which represents a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a change in their career, especially for someone seeking to expand their experience in dealing with international tax aspects.
The ideal candidate has the following experience
- Sound corporate tax compliance experience. Experience of using IRIS an advantage
- Managing the corporate tax compliance portfolio, including review of corporate tax returns prepared by other members of the team
- Experience of capital allowance claims: preparation of reports to back up the claim, particularly in the renewable energy sector
- Advising inbound companies regarding transfer pricing from the UK perspective
- Advising inbound companies regarding UK permanent establishments (PE): analysing information to establish if and when a PE has arisen. Dealing with registration of the PE with the authorities, managing the preparation and submission of relevant tax returns
- SSE claims
- Applications for treaty relief from withholding taxes on interest and royalty payments.
- Claiming treaty exemption from corporation tax obligations
- Construction Industry Scheme advisory
- Review of tax clauses in legal agreements
- Due diligence
Other skills and abilities
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with minimum supervision
- Ability to identify issues and find solutions
- Managing the corporate tax portfolio
- Managing the portfolio of applications for treaty relief from withholding taxes on interest and royalty payments, including identification of when these are required
- Working closely with the director on advisory work, covering aspects such as:
- Transfer Pricing
- Permanent Establishments
- Capital Allowance claims
- Claiming treaty exemption from UK corporate tax obligations
- Review of tax clauses in legal contracts
- Due diligence work
- Developing the services to US inbound businesses and individuals
- General advisory work, as required
- Supervision of junior staff/trainees
- Other adhoc tasks as required by the director
The working hours are 37.5 hours (pro-rated) per week, excluding meal breaks. Family friendly working hours, which are flexible across the week.
28 days per year (pro-rated), plus statutory holidays.
Salary dependant on experience and qualification.
+ £100pm DIS/Life Insurance payment
+ Plus £100pm private health insurance payment
+ Free on-site parking.
Family friendly working hours.
Study support for ADIT (Advanced Diploma in International Taxation) considered, depending on circumstances.
- Corporate Tax
- International Tax
- Business Tax Planning
- Tax Managers
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'