Senior Management Accountant - Rugby - £40,000 - £50,000
Are you a Qualified Accountant, with a keen interest in working for a fast paced Automotive manufacturing organisation and enjoy building relationships with a variety of individuals?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant in Birmingham, who will support the production of new vehicle's and provide appropriate financial control and reporting to senior management.
The organisation in question are a tier one supplier to the likes of Jaguar Land Rover and through a recent IPO, are now in a position that they can invest in new acquisitions and continue R&D into new products.
This role is more than just preparing month end accounts and requires an individual who has a keen interest in the Industry and is looking for a first step into a complex manufacturing environment, where partnering with operations and commercial teams will be a daily occurrence. The business have a hands on culture and require an individual who is not afraid of getting their hands dirty, working to tight deadlines with a constant eye on improvements. The role will be split between two sites, with 2/3 days of the week spent within the manufacturing site and building relationships with the opps teams, supporting with new KPIs, reviewing and advising on labour spend and ensuring that all managers are adhering to set budgets.
Due to the extensive growth plans, progression is a real prospect and high achievers will be pushed into senior roles and provided with additional responsibilities, which will include line management and project lead opportunities.
What will I be responsible for?
The Senior Management Accountant will be seen as a crucial part of the operational Finance team, which will see you interacting with the manufacturing and procurement functions providing them with detailed analysis and insight to ensure that cost controls are in place and also provide recommendations on how and what to improve.
- Budget and Business Plan preparation by liaising with operating areas in addition to Finance.
- Cost Centre Management (Control, Monthly Accounting and Forecasting review & analysis).
- Responsibility for control and reconciliation of all model line BoM's (Bill of Material) and Options costs.
- Co-ordinate and drive delivery of Total Delivered Cost (TdC) targets to enable the business to meet its objectives.
- Prepare material cost forecasts and glide paths for review with senior management.
- Preparation and review of monthly management information.
- Capital and Expense Project Approval, Budgeting and Forecasting.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of internal project financial's and reporting to senior management.
- Provide supervision and leadership for junior Finance staff members.
- Challenge operating interfaces to help achieve the most cost efficient results.
Is the Senior Management Accountant in Rugby the right role for me?
To be successful within this role, you will be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with an interest in the Automotive industry and a passion for building relationships with non-finance and supporting commercial decision making. Previous automotive or manufacturing experience would be beneficial, however, this is not essential and the right attitude is more important.
This is a great opportunity for a confident Financial Analyst or Management Accountant who is comfortable producing month end accounts and wants to build on their business partnering skill set within a prestigious organisation.
Senior Management Accountant in Rugby Package
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Company Pension
- Private Health care
- 25 days holiday