Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity working as a Senior Linux Systems Engineer for an international company to be based in Staines, Surrey?
Main Duties of the Role
- Opportunity to take your place in an organization that designs, builds and operates a full stack cloud service. A private build for the public cloud.
- Building custom systems and services solutions, tailored for the full cloud stack.
- Tackling problems that are out of this world, those that come with huge scale.
- Using broad knowledge and experience of systems engineering?and networking principles to proactively prevent and address incidents while constantly improving cloud infrastructure best practices.
- Driving popular problems to resolution with the corresponding internal stakeholders, whilst working on edge cases for implementation based issues
- Identifying and addressing issues escalated, toward immediate relief and sustainable resolution
- Document and maintain relief and resolution guides in knowledge-based articles and standard operating procedures parallel to our scalable and sustainable model
- Training and mentoring internal stakeholders along with the exposure, documentation and hands-on training
- In creating quality of the Cloud service, identify and collaborate with appropriate teams to improve tools and processes such as event monitoring, automation and introduction of new tools as required for our efficiency
Your Skills and Experience
- Deep knowledge/experience with Linux (RedHat and/or CentOS)
- Strong experience with service troubleshooting, covering web front-end, Systems, Databases and Networks
- Previous direct exposure to engineering and architecting?fundamental internet services (DNS, Mail, Apache/Tomcat) with a good understanding of the LAMP stack.
- Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Tungsten or similar technologies
- Familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing (VPN exposure is a huge plus)
- Experience with systems and network performance and availability monitoring and analysis as well as configuration management platforms (Nagios/Icinga, Cacti, Netcool, Monolith, Puppet, cfengine, chef, Splunk, Logstash) is desirable
- Understanding of ITIL v3 framework and how it applies to incident, problem and change
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Highly appealing benefits package
- Competitive salary, bonus, benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"