Senior Landscape Planner - South West
My client, an award-winning environmental consultancy, work from 6 offices throughout the UK to provide high quality planning, landscape design, ecology and impact assessment services to clients on a broad range of projects. This organisation prides themselves on achieving sustainable development on behalf of all clients and providing innovative solutions to even the most complex of projects. Working in sectors including heritage, residential, leisure, healthcare and education, energy, parks and open spaces, public realm and mixed-use developments, this business has a diverse client group and project portfolio. Due to continued success and expansion, my client is seeking a Senior Landscape Planner to join the team in Bristol.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a degree and/or post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject discipline, E.g. Landscape Planning, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Planning)
- Be a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute (CMLI) or will be on their Pathway to Chartership
- Have experience in Landscape and Seascape Character Assessments
- Have experience producing high quality written reports and tenders
- Be confident interpreting a wide range of information, including written information, fieldwork observations and GIS data
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the landscape and important issues that have an impact upon it
- Be organised and methodical, being able to work within given time constraints
- Be happy working independently as well as within a team
- Hold a valid driving licence
About the Role
You will join a talented team of Landscape Planners and will have the opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of projects. You will work on Landscape and Seascape Character and Sensitivity Assessments and will assess and manage protected landscapes. Your role will also include researching agri-environment schemes, planning for sustainable landscapes and responding to climate change. Working within the Landscape team, you will be expected to undertake Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments (LVIAs) and associated mitigation work for a range of current projects. You will work on developments including renewable energy, railways and residential.
You will be involved with projects from the initial tendering stages through to completion and will participate in all aspects of work undertaken. You will be required to manage projects of varying size and will mentor more junior staff when required. You will work alongside wider teams within the company, including GIS specialists, Planners and Ecologists.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package and the guarantee of a friendly and supportive working environment. You will also receive excellent training and will have the opportunity to continue progressing in your career.
For more information or for further vacancies within the landscape or ecology sector please contact Gemma Seaman of Penguin Recruitment directly on . Alternatively, you can send an email and we'll call you back. Emails to: .
KEYWORDS: landscape, seascape, planner, planning, environment, environmental, CMLI, LVIA, assessment, consultant, consultancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"