Senior IT Security Analyst & Team Lead - SOC - SIEM - COBIT - TOGAF - Prince 2 - Linux
Our well known client is looking for an IT Security Analyst to lead the security team in all areas of security.
- Management of a team of analysts within the SOC team
- Develop and enhance the SOC capability
- Take a lead role when dealing with incidents
- Take responsibility as a Lead Analyst to pick up more difficult incidents or changes
- Provide coaching and mentoring for security analysts
- Work with external suppliers and internal stakeholders to develop the service monitoring and reporting
- Keep up-to-date with current threats and emerging threats, to provide a fast response to the changing security climate
- Understand and articulate emerging threats and incidents to different audiences within the client, including technical, operations management, senior management and executives.
- Use some of the latest technology to detect threats to the information systems of our client networks from external and internal threats
- Analyse and advise on security alerts, assisting with investigations due to escalated incidents from security information & event management systems (SIEM)
- Previous team management experience, ideally within a SOC environment
- TCP/IP networking skills
- Good working knowledge of Unix (Solaris, Linux, BSD) and/or Windows
- Lateral thinking combined with excellent problem solving capability
- Experienced in the use and application of ITIL for IT Service Management, ITIL Foundation beneficial
- Experience in security technologies and experience with SIEM-based analysis and development, for example LogRythmn, ArcSight, Splunk
- Information Security within frameworks, such as COBIT
- Information Security within architecture, such as TOGAF
- IT project lifecycle, ideally Prince 2
- Experience of working in environments subject to compliance requirements such as ISO27000 Series would be beneficial
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
- Senior IT Security Analyst & Team Lead - SOC - SIEM - COBIT - TOGAF - Prince 2 - Linux