Our client is looking for a Senior Insurance Account Handler to join their friendly team in Manchester.
Ideally our client is looking for someone who wants to develop their career and that can step up and manage the Account Handling Team.
As a Senior Insurance Account Handler you will be collaborating with expert Account Executives in the office. You will be expected to negotiate renewal terms, mid-term adjustments and cover extensions. The successful candidate will be expected to ensure the highest level of service and technical advice to each client, identifying improvements in client risk and insurance programme design and making recommendations to account executives where necessary.
- Will obtain renewal terms for your customers and explore alternative quotations before producing a final presentation for account managers to discuss with customers.
- You'll assist with customer queries, liaise with insurers regarding potential changes and new terms for policies. For this to work, you'll need to have first class interpersonal skills.
- You will ensure all account admin is taken care of - confirming cover with relevant insurers, processing policies and chasing outstanding documentation when required. You'll be highly organised and love to work towards a plan.
- Secure delivery of policy documentation from insurers and check prior to approval and release by Account Executive; remember, you're the point of contact for this account.
- Deal with account queries and credit control matters highlighting any concerns to account managers, understand and apply fundamental legal and regulatory policy in relation to internal policies and the insurance contract as required
- In the role as Deputy Team manager you could be involved in the distribution and management of workload to ensure we maintain quality and efficient output
- Support the team manager to improve quality standards as identified by monthly audits
- Provide coaching, training and on-going support to less experienced team members and also being that beacon and a technical referral point for queries.
- Give us your opinions and input to help the team improve business efficiency processes wherever possible
- Get involved in one to ones and annual appraisals if required
To apply for this role the successful candidate must have the following subjects:
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent with knowledge of general insurance products, services, and good understanding of underlying legal principles and practices relating to risk within own role capacity
- Cert CII/ Dip CII are desirable as is previous experience in leading or coaching a team.
- Previous experience in the insurance industry is critical, as is working to targets within a regulated environment.
- Risk aware in handling customer information, with good customer service focus and the ability to identify potential risk/issues and seek advice/consultation when required.
- Due diligence and process driven to deadlines coupled with strong planning and analytical skills, you'll of course have high accuracy and attention to detail
- Eligible to work in the UK
- We are an equal opportunities employer
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please forward your CV in confidence quoting reference 1802-30AC.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 days unfortunately
- Account Executives