GBI Research is a market-leading provider of "best-in-class" business intelligence reports. Covering both established and fast-developing markets and issues, GBI Research works closely with clients in the pharmaceutical industry to identify and target unmet information needs..
GBI Research is a business unit of GlobalData - an industry analysis specialist providing business information products and services including interactive databases, reports and custom solutions.
GBI Research is currently recruiting an Senior Healthcare Analyst to join its Research & Analysis team based in central Manchester.
- £24,000 - £27,000 Depending On Experience
- Company Pension Contributions
- 20 + Days Holidays
Summary of Role & Duties:
Contribute to the scope and direction of high-quality market analysis deliverables via own work and team of up to 12 Analysts
- Lead on the commercial direction of GBI Research’s business intelligence reports, or on specific modules within that. Understand commercial needs of the global pharma and biotech audience and play a leading role in aligning output them.
- Interrogate large clinical data sets to generate meaningful and compelling analysis and insights for clients in the pharmaceutical industry
- Design and implement specific processes across a multi-member team to ensure high quality and innovative data interrogation and analysis methodologies are applied consistently
- Analyze and synthesize large amounts of clinical and sales data in a clear and concise manner
- Conduct primary research with key stakeholders in the healthcare industry
- Manage the workflow and output of the team to ensure high quality is reflected throughout the products
- Lead on product development initiatives and foster a culture of innovation across the team
- Lead on quality control initiatives, driving up the standard of analysis and authoring across the team and ensuring all publications meet stringent quality standards
- Identify and implement solutions to product development challenges often across a range of projects with tight deadlines
- Support the commercialization of GBI report output by presenting key findings and themes to sales teams, and on occasion by liaising directly with clients and prospects to support sales efforts
- Generate effective time management amongst team and ensures that individual problem areas are dealt with
Skills & Experience
- M.P.H., M.S. or Ph.D. in Health related field along with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry or in a market research or syndicated reports publishing company
- Proven experience in a similar role, managing team of analysts
- Has strong industry insight i.e. is able to provide the commercial "implications for the information included in the deliverables.
- Strong data modeling and interrogation skills
- Strong secondary research skills especially scientific literature and internet searches.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated team management experience, ideally some remote management experience
- Effective communication skills, ability to deal with challenges across multi sites /geographical locations
- The ability to handle evolving tasks successfully while undertaking multi projects to completion
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think independently with great attention to detail and accuracy whilst multitasking and working with challenging deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Technical / numerical skills / background
Experience in the healthcare industry
Research or Analyst experience
To apply, please send a copy of your CV along with a short statement outlining your suitability for the role.
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
- Analytical Skills
- Healthcare Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry