Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer
Chester or Glasgow
We are seeking a Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer to join the Geotechnical Team of one of our clients. The successful applicant will specialise in contaminated land assessment and remediation, with a good appreciation of geotechnics. We are looking for a dynamic outgoing individual with a minimum of 5 years post graduate experience in a relevant field.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Working as part of the geotechnical team, the successful applicant would be expected to:
• Specify, supervise and report on ground investigations
• Produce/check desk studies
• Produce/check preliminary risk assessments and GQRA
• Produce/check of follow up DQRA as required
• Liaise with Local Authority and Environment Agency Contamination and Waste Specialists
• Produce/Check Remediation Specifications and verification test schedules
• Advise on waste characterisation, waste legislation, materials management (Including CL:AIRE DoWCoP) and waste recovery
• Advise on risks and legal requirements when working with asbestos impacted soils
• Carry out/Check geotechnical design (including earthworks, shallow and deep foundations, retaining walls and seepage assessment)
• Lead and mentor junior staff
• Internal and external promotion of the department and the business
• Project manage a portfolio of projects
The following competencies are required:
• Degree qualified to Masters Level (or equivalent) in Environmental Science or other relevant subject.
• Proven geo-environmental experience within a range of sectors
• Strong knowledge and understanding of contamination, waste legislation and regulatory guidance
• Experienced ground investigation site supervisor
• Good commercial awareness and Project Manager
• Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
• Good organisational skills and be able to multi-task.
• Proven track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
• Full UK drivers licence is essential.
Education & Training - Masters Level in relevant subject
Academic & Professional Qualifications - Chartered
Experience - Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience in a relevant field
Knowledge base - Contaminated Land
Knowledge base - Ability to use Geostudio Suite, WALLAP, gINT, CLEA model 1.07, EA RTM, ConSim
Skills - CSCS Card, EUSR Water Card, Asbestos Awareness
- Contaminated Land
- Environmental Remediation
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Ground Investigation
- Environmental Science
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'