Would you like to work for a high profile, world renowned consultancy who work on truly unique, iconic fire engineering projects? An opportunity has arisen for a talented Senior Fire Engineer to join the fire engineering team in the London office. The successful candidate will benefit from excellent career progression opportunities as well as an industry leading benefits package.
Orange Appointments are working with a leading international fire consultancy (part of a high profile multidisciplinary organisation), working at the cutting edge of design, who are seeking an ambitious Senior Fire Engineer to be based in the London office.
The Fire team is a highly profitable business unit which 'challenges the norm' and is driven to shape a safer world. Founded over 50 years ago, they have grown to provide multi-disciplinary engineering design & consulting services to a diverse range of local and global clients. They operate in over 80 offices across the globe and are involved in truly innovative and pioneering work.
The suitable candidate will be responsible for the delivery of significant projects both nationally and internationally, as well assisting in leading and mentoring the team.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Manage your own projects and junior engineers
• Interactive and collaborative working with fire engineers across the UK offices
• Capable of delivering quality fire safety solutions on time and budget
• Strong technical knowledge with a proven track record of gaining agreement for prescriptive and performance based design from approving authorities
• Experience of leading project teams and meeting & negotiation skills
• Opportunity to travel regularly to other UK offices or further afield as projects require. The projects will be diverse and exciting.
• Degree in Fire Engineering and ideally a Chartered Engineer
• Extensive experience in delivering fire engineered solutions for UK projects
• Experience on site and handover of large projects
• Experience in the principals of smoke control and means of escape
• Excellent knowledge of codes, including NFPA & IBC and project experience in the Middle East is desirable
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Experienced in managing and mentoring other members of a team
• Rail/tunnel ventilation experience an advantage
• Structural fire engineering experience an advantage
- Fire Protection
- Fire Safety
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'