Change Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Finance Process Improvement Analyst to join our client a leading financial service business based in Edinburgh on a long-term 'fixed term contract' (12 months)
This role is part of a team that provides operational project and process management support across divisional and group finance teams. Additionally, you will have supervisory responsibility of some Analyst and therefore overall responsibility for delivering and leading specific pieces of work on projects and developing strong relationships with key stakeholders and business unit leads.
The overall team is responsible for reviewing and managing the financial reporting process for Group i.e. IFRS & Solvency II, this involves the creation of documents i.e. Annual Report, Accounts and Half-year results. The project management element of the role is therefore critical in order to meet external deadlines.
The team is responsible for a number of other processes within the Group, to ensure the appropriate controls and governance is applied.
Key duties in the role are:
- Lead, manage and propose solutions for key projects and change improvements across finance - managing half and full year financial reporting processes
- Document management for Annual report, Accounts and other external publications - setup, production management, control, delivery, print and external disclosure
- Ensure workable timetables are in place for external deliverables
- Ensure appropriate governance and controls and maintained, established for Group reporting processes
- Resource management across Group reporting
- Provide process, control and project / change management to managers / teams across finance
- Business continuity plan owner - appropriate requirements gathering, testing etc
- Stakeholder management - work with all levels of seniority and provides regular facilitation of sessions on group reporting plan
The role will also be heavily involved in delivering key reporting process and business process improvements, therefore would possibly be advantageous to hold Lean Six Sigma or Prince2 qualifications. Additionally, strong MS Office in particular Word would be highly desirable.
You will have experience of working with Senior Management, delivering in a strong control environment.
Salary £38k + approx. 35% benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job