Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 12,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Senior Finance Officer
£23,279 per annum (rising to £24,504 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 12,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Finance Officer to work as part of our Service Charge Accounting team. The Senior Finance Officer will support the reconciliation of accounts to ensure income/expenditure is appropriately accounted for and data is accurately recorded.
The role of Senior Finance Officer will include:
- Providing accurate and timely financial information and maintaining effective financial systems
- Supporting the reconciliation of accounts to ensure income/expenditure is appropriately accounted for
- Ensuring data is accurately recorded identifying any potential issues for resolution
- Communicating effectively and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Providing an effective administration service ensuring workloads are manageable in line with operational business requirements
- Supporting other colleagues within the team
Skills and experiences:
- Recent experience in a Service Charge Accounting position is desirable but not essential
- A high level of numeracy and literacy is an essential requirement of the role
- Experience in analysing and diagnosing issues and implementing effective solutions including extracting and interrogating digital data
- Proven experience of working to deadlines and prioritising workload
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer care skills
- A positive attitude with the ability to adapt to changing situations
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential and experience of using SAP is desirable
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 16 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.