Senior Events Manager -South East London £32,000-£38,000 per annum to start ASAP
To plan, develop, coordinate and execute a programme of events. This role will support events led by academics as part of the educational experience and profile of the institution, alongside marketing and recruitment events. A core element of this post will be in ensuring all events are delivered to a high standard, whether directly for or on behalf of third parties. To take the lead in developing and implementing events processes such that they are a successful tool in meeting the needs of internal and external clients as a whole. This role will work closely with teams to ensure effective delivery of strategy and campaigns in line with the institutional objectives, and to ensure adherence to all relevant health and safety guidelines.
Main Duties of the role:-
- To coordinate a range of events that support raising the institutional profile locally
- and globally, to achieve its strategic goals across the educational, creative and
- political sectors.
- Advise internal clients on the most effective forms of event delivery, ensuring that a
- co-ordinated approach is adhered to
- Work closely with key internal and external contacts to develop and implement
- processes and procedures to manage this effectively in line with event aims and
- Manage complex events, ensuring all deadlines and budgets are adhered to, and key
- performance indicators met.
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators using a variety of analytics,
- identifying areas of improvement and recommending further action.
- Produce proposals for events, including detailed timelines, venues, suppliers, legal
- and health & safety requirements, staffing, and costings.
- This will include briefing and liaising with staff and student teams and third party
- suppliers and clients, as necessary.
- This will include working in the evenings, at weekends or otherwise outside of normal working hours.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below:-
- Experience of managing or supervising a large number of staff,
- who may include external contractors, to deliver events or
- other projects.
- Experience of delivering event management services in a large,
- complex organisation,
- Experience of delivery events services within a university
- Experience of managing multiple budgets
- Experience of using CRM systems (eg Raiser's Edge, HubSpot)
- A track record of delivering against key performance
- Experience of being a skilled external networker
If this is of interest please do send me an up to date CV ASAP highlighting all your relevant experience
- To coordinate a range of events that support raising the institutional profile locally and globally
- to achieve its strategic goals across the educational
- creative and political sectors