This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer (EE) to join our passionate and knowledgeable Gypsum Manufacturing Technology (GMT) Team. As part of an international resource as Senior EE you will be required to be the lead technical engineering expert for GMTs major global start up projects.
As Senior EE you will also be required to Lead and develop the safe implementation of electrical projects for process plants including process electrical design management, procurement, installation and commissioning worldwide.
As part of the GMT team your contractual location will be East Leake, Loughborough, Leicestershire however the roles requires a significant amount of travel worldwide.
An onsite presence is required for up to 12 months during key phases of projects.
What will you be doing in the role?
In the role as Senior Electrical Engineer you will;
- Lead the development of processes to delivering best performance at the lowest cost possible giving due regard to safety, operability, maintainability and legal compliance.
- Scope and develop initial designs and layouts for capital projects, and then expand them into detailed plans and drawings.
- Provide feasibility studies, specifications and budget estimates for capital schemes.
- Support Project Managers on major projects undertaken by GMT worldwide or existing operations to deliver installations on time and to budget.
- Lead the implementation of approved capital projects.
- Work comfortably to planning horizons of up to 3 years, showing awareness and anticipation of impacts of current objectives upon wider business strategy and suggests ways to shape the strategy.
- Be the credible expert, providing expert support to operating plants.
Am I what you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Senior Electrical Engineer specifically it is important that you have:
Site Experience (Operations and/or Multiple Project start-ups, sufficient to demonstrate expertise and leadership).
- Proven track record working in a highly automated, high speed (24/7) process or mechanical handling industry.
- The ability to influence key senior stakeholders in the business.
- The ability to lead innovation and industrialise R&D developments.
- Understanding of cultural differences and able to adapt behaviour to influence, engage with and motivate cross cultural teams.
- Time spent in a plant engineering or maintenance role in a continuous process industry.
- A degree in Electrical or Automation Engineering or equivalent.
It would be great if you have:
- A chartered Electrical/Automation Engineer (or working towards).
- A Masters or PHD level of education would be advantageous.
What about the business you’ll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Saint-Gobain Gypsum Activity is the world’s leading manufacturer and supplier of sustainable, innovative, lightweight interior building systems. With over 100 years of experience, the activity operates 75 gypsum quarries, and 135 industrial sites worldwide. Located in over 50 countries and spanning 5 continents, Saint-Gobain Gypsum Activity has a large international presence with a strong local focus. By working in close consultation with architects, specification experts, distributors and contractors we are able to provide superior, building technology solutions in line with the local industry standards everywhere we are.
Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will you get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, Gypsum Activity is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package.
In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within Gypsum Activity or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate.
The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do you need to do now?
We would love to hear from you. In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site.
We recognise the value of diversity and the talents that those from diverse backgrounds can contribute to our success. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and in particular we would like to welcome and attract more women into our business.
No Agency CV’s please.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK (sponsorship is not available for this position).