Are you a Chartered Senior Electrical Engineer- Building Services Engineering - based near Leeds. up to £45k with very good benefits and package - Consulting experience is a benefit - Design expeerience with Universities, schools, colleges, Hs2 also a benefit - Looking for a leadership role? Apply today!
Locations: Leeds OR Sheffield, Manchester OR Liverpool
- Design market-leading, Electrical Engineering Systems
-Leadership, managing multidisciplinary projects while providing technical support and mentoring to the other Electrical Engineers.
- You will lead feasibility, design and site stage activities of major and minor building projects (new and refurbishment).
· Take an active role in pushing forward the skills and abilities of the electrical team members, including supervising and training junior engineers
· Lead building projects of various sizes, taking an active role in project leadership and client facing activity
· Take an active role in building services design elements for both small and major projects working closely with other team members
· Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs
· Offer consultancy advice and prepare design reports, specifications and drawings in a timely fashion and within budget
· Support Graduate Engineers with technical expertise and mentor junior team members
· Share and expand knowledge through participation at relevant skills networks
The role will eventually develop to include business development, bid submission and client care.
The role will require regular travel
It is essential that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as you will be a key technical ambassador working closely with our clients as well as the wider engineering and construction community.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
A demonstrable track record of successful delivery within an Electrical Services Engineering role/environment including:
· High / low voltage power design
· Electronic building services system including fire alarm, security, PA, etc.
· Lighting / emergency lighting design
· Coordination and spatial planning of electrical services within the building
· Strong track record of leading project teams
· A clear understanding of, or experience within, a consultancy environment
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Adaptable, resilient and able to work in multidisciplinary settings
· Professional, organised, and highly methodical
· Software skills, including Amtec, Dialux, Strike Risk, etc.
· Knowledge of relevant design tools, techniques and related methods, i.e. IT systems, BIM, calculation packages, etc.
· Programming and resource management at project level
· Ability to create deliverables from a project brief
Good knowledge of lighting design, daylighting and energy performance of building
· CAD and Revit MEP management skills
· Ability to think outside the specialism and integrate multidisciplinary requirements into holistic coordinated solutions
· Demonstrate an active CPD record
· Experience of working in a wide variety of sectors is desirable
· Chartered status through CIBSE, IET or other relevant body and degree qualified
· Masters Engineering Degree is preferred
- Electrical Engineering
- Feasibility Studies