The Council has been awarded a grant of £3,350,000 from the Department for Transport to tackle long standing flooding problems across South Gloucestershire. To meet timescales and demands in delivering this this project additional staff resources are needed. The project will be delivered over the next 18 months and the new post would be required for this period.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer you will be required to:
* Provide drainage designs for new drainage systems;
* Provide site supervision and advice during implementation of new drainage;
* Provide a resource to assist with work planning particularly during the pre-construction phase;
* Provide Project Management rigour to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget;
* Provide support to the Project Manager to ensure delivery is achieved.
* Ability to identify problems and find innovative solutions to challenging drainage issues;
* An understanding of highways design and construction;
* Civil Engineering Specification for the Water Industry Micro drainage Design Latest SuDS guidance (CIRIA SUD's manual);
* Degree, HNC/HND or equivalent (highways/civil engineering discipline), maybe waived if substantial relevant experience;
* Demonstrable understanding of the CDM Regulations 2015;
* Demonstrate an understanding of the following design specifications, guides and Acts; Sewers for Adoption ,Latest EA guidance;
* Financial management with the ability to monitor, predict and report expenditure;
* Proven ability to communicate and negotiate with relevant stakeholders;
* Staff management (within project not line management);
* Surface water drainage design and construction knowledge in a highways context;
Please send your most updated CV to Grant Wilson by clicking apply now. As this role falls within scope of IR35 the rate quoted is PAYE
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.