Senior Developer - Permanent - West Sussex
Here at B&CE we currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Developer to join our IT Development function in supporting the software needs of the organisation and linked 3rd Party organisations.
We are looking for an experienced Developer across the full Microsoft Stack to help provide a "second line" service that delivers solutions to the business and end users.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Developer:
- Determine/recommend processes for enhancement and system change requests for identified problems with existing systems.
- Manages the accuracy, integrity and security of data ensuring compliance with Data Protection and company policy.
- Where appropriate act as a solution lead as per the key responsibilities laid out in the B&CE Projects and Change Program Governance document.
- Through a mentoring process, provide technical guidance and support to less experienced members of the team as appropriate and when required.
Right for this role?
You will have proven experience of developing and maintaining bespoke systems and have solid experience in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Certification or equivalent
- Experience of working in Object-Oriented Development
- Experience of using SQL Server including database design.
- Experience in VB6 for legacy application support.
- Previous experience in IT Development within a financial services environment is highly desirable.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to challenge decisions and influence the direction we take.
Improving the financial welfare of all those working in construction and providing workplace pensions for employers of all sizes and from all sectors. We've been around for a long time. Our history dates back to 1942 and we have a great story to tell.
B&CE is an equal opportunities employer. We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We are committed to treating all our people (and all who apply for a role at B&CE) equally.
As an organisation we are rapidly expanding due to the great success of our flagship product The Pensions Pension so if you want to be part of something really special, apply today.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job