Senior Developer, .NET, DOT NET, Azure, SQL Server, VB.Net, C#, SDLC, Reading
Senior Developer required to work for a fast growing part of a global business based in Reading, Berkshire. We need a good, solid .NET Developer with some leadership skills who can take charge of this exciting new piece of technology innovation. Also, due to Covid-19, this will initially be working from home with a good home working policy once some form of normality resumes! Read on for more details.
- The position relates to the continuing internal development of a Global Outsourcing management platform and specifically a Payroll Management platform, which is a cloud based system currently based on Salesforce with integration functionality based on Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft .NET technologies. In the short to medium term this platform will be re-developed/migrated to a .NET/SQL Platform.
- It should be noted that the ability to lead and to communicate effectively and persuasively with internal "clients" and colleagues is of equal importance to the role as the appropriate technical skills and experience.
- You will work as part of a small team, provide leadership and deliver technology solutions to the internal and external client base. You will be expected to travel to other sites in the UK and occasionally overseas as appropriate.
- Taking overall responsibility for the software development function for the Payroll platform and other Global Outsourcing development projects.
- Writing clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages such as VB.NET and C#.
- Developing documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Liaising with and managing any outsourced development work which may be required to deliver the required functionality.
- Working with the internal user client community based in the UK and Mauritius, gathering business requirements and presenting back technical solutions to the team.
- Liaising with the internal client team on user acceptance testing as solutions are delivered.
- Liaising with the internal IT team to ensure that the development approach, tools, security and governance are aligned to those of the wider firm.
- Developing and maintaining system documentation based on IT policies, procedures and processes determined by the internal IT Governance function.
- Ensuring all development complies with the internal IT Governance framework, IT Policies, Procedures and Processes.
- Contributing to IT innovation development and delivery.
- Working with the GTS (Global Technology Solutions) management team to develop additional streams of revenue using the internal development function.
- Acting as part of the IT Outsourcing management team to engage with the wider business.
- Educated to Degree level in a technology or business related subject.
- Experience of software development on the Microsoft .NET/Azure platforms.
o Good knowledge of SQL Server development using T-SQL
o Understanding of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concepts.
o Knowledge of at least one of the .NET languages (e.g. C#, Visual Basic .NET) and HTML5/CSS3
o Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC).
o Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experience of developing and maintaining secure web based applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Committed and flexible approach to work.
- Good customer-facing skills with the ability to clearly convey technical issues to non-technical people.
- Self Confidence and Determination.
- An ability to build good relationships with clients, suppliers, management at all levels, and IT teams.
- Any experience of cloud based CRM platform administration would be useful.
This is a great opportunity and salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'